I swear -- the universe must have something against mamas when it comes to the dreaded, bi-annual Day Light Saving Time weekends.
Top it off with it falling on "deer hunting opener" when the hubs is always out of town.
It just adds up to be a mother's worst nightmare.
And - especially when you have an early riser to begin with.
That said 'early riser' turns into a 'middle of the night riser' and unfortunately is not greeted with a pleasant "good morning" from her mama.
Rather -- a "GO BACK TO BED, Ms. K".
{Cue colossal meltdown in the hallway at 4am}.
Nice.
And, please (insert BEGGING voice here) don't wake your sisters!
So begins the weeks and weeks... if not months, of trying to reset the clocks of babes.
An EXTRA hour of sleep as we "fall back an hour in the fall".....
I THINK NOT.
In fact -- it usually adds up (or subtracts in our case) to hours less of sleep, somehow.
I mean why are we saving daylight anyway?
I doubt that has anything to do with it.
I'm sure if I googled DST -- there would be a simple and meaningful explanation as to why we must mess up our internal clocks TWICE each year.
But I'm too crabby to do that.
I'd rather just complain about it.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment