Many blogging friends, Facebook friends and IRL (in real life) friends have dedicated the month of November to giving thanks.
Within their blogs, Facebook messages and posts -- we've seen a public display of their thankfulness.
For me, it's been inspiring to read ... and although there may be some who think it's cheesy or unnecessary to publicly posts these things -- I feel differently.
I feel it's spirit lifting and encouraging to put your thankfulness down on paper - for the world to see and for you to look back on, later.
It's far better than dwelling on the ugly and unhappy parts of life - because the truth is ... those are there, too.
But - shining a light on the things we're thankful for - it's just good for the soul.
And, perhaps .... it might help someone else. You just never know.
So - because I'm behind with posting about something each day in November... I'm challenging myself {in the next hour} to come up with 30 things I'm really thankful for.
Here goes ... in {absolutely} no particular order.
1.) Health. Good health.
2.) An ice cold diet coke (perhaps at 6am - gah!)
3.) Our home - where the action happens and all are welcome.
4.) My hubs.... for endless reasons, but mostly for kicking me in my keister when I need it most!
5.) My Kennady Marie - my first born, independent, chatterbox, girly, girl.
6.) My Riah Joy - my spunky, funny, giggling, JOY-filled, 2nd born girl.
7.) My Ayla Anne - my happy-go-lucky, sweet spirited, busy, curious baby girl.
8.) Our new church.
9.) Making a healthy and yummy meal for my family.
10.) A full night of rest for my whole family
11.) My parents - CONSTANT support.
12.) Family who often lovingly provide childcare for our girls.
13.) Quiet mornings at home with just my littlest babe.
14.) Crazy mornings at home with all three babes.
15.) A weekend with no commitments.
16.) The hubs yummy french toast with the girls on Sundays.
17.) My in-laws... they give of their time and talents without a second thought.
18.) Baby giggles, snuggles and warm breath on my neck as she sleeps.
19.) Deep conversation with my 3 years olds.
20.) Supper with my SIBS - once/month.... it's kept us really connected.
21.) Special conversations with the hubs about what our family might look in 5,10, 20 years from now.
22.) Writing and running - my two hobbies.
23.) My entire extended family - and their endless prayers for our family.
24.) Girlfriends..... near and far, old and new.
25.) Our puppy-boy, Hank.
26.) Good coffee (and the caffeine surge that comes with it).
27.) Our safe, supportive neighborhood.
28.) Parenthood - my favorite TV show and the only reason to stay up past 9pm.
29.) Chocolate chips - a way to indulge when I'm crashing at 3 in the afternoon.
30.) God's endless love.... displayed in the amazing photo below.
That only took me about 20 minutes! I have SO MUCH to be thankful for.... I could go on and on!
How about you -- maybe today is a good time to stop and write it down??
I have no doubt, by the end, you'll be smiling through your tears.
Just like me.
And - perhaps you'll want to share it with someone?
Happy THANKSGIVING week -- I know I'm thankful for all my readers!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

Lost your email, not sure how, that's why I haven't written... can you send me a note? I'd like to ask you a question - okay, two. One about blogging and one about moving. kimaulds@yahoo.com
ReplyDelete