While growing up my mom had a magnet on our fridge that read:
"LIFE is what happens when you're making other plans"
Unfortunately, that seems to fit my little family perfectly today.
We "had" such a fun day planned....
The hubs is completely OFF from work today - so very rare - and something I've looked forward to for weeks.
Before we went to bed....I got everything ready and packed to head out the door about 9am...
We planned to take the girls to the local open gym.....
And, then, to our local mom and pop restaurant for our recent fave - cinnamon french toast!
Yummy!
Then we'd come back home for naps....
The hubs would study while I make a cake for a dinner party tonight ...
Yes - a dinner party with our awesome neighborhood that I've also been looking forward to for WEEKS..
The girls would take a nice, long nap ... and then get up for playtime this afternoon....
We'd put them to bed and our neighbor gal would come over to sit with them while they slept --- and while we had a yummy dinner with great friends --- just down the road....
We'd have a lovely time at the dinner party and then come home.
What an awesome day, right???????????????????????????
....Until about 10 o'clock last night when the hubs, who, -- did I mentioned -- has the WHOLE DAY OFF came down with the stomach flu.
End of "perfect family day".
Now ... the hubs is sleeping and the girls and I are playing.
I'm trying with all my might not to be angry and bitter..... but it's not turning out to be so easy.
It's clearly not something we planned, but something that just happened.
LIFE....it's what happens when we've made awesome plans, but somehow it wasn't meant to be.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that!!! I can only imagine how much you were looking forward to your hubby's day off...and to have him SICK is no good for anyone! Poor Hubs, and poor you and the girls. I hope you managed to pull a little something out of the day nonetheless. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is exactly how life is for us too. You can plan all you want (which is how I like to live life) but life sneaks up on you and makes different plans. I hope hubby is feeling better and you can enjoy another day like you were supposed to again soon. (((hugs))
ReplyDeleteOh no! SO sorry! Nothing is more disappointing than looking forward to fun plans for weeks only to have them canceled because of sickness (or weather!). Hope your hubby feels better soon and you can reschedule a different fun day soon!
ReplyDeleteOh no! I'm so sorry...I hate it when things like that happen. :(
ReplyDeleteOH NO!! That makes me so sad for you. I know how fun it is to finally have a family day and from what I can gather, you are like me, a planner and when things go wrong...it is so sad.
ReplyDeleteI personally think God gave me twins to show me that life can not be planned!!