The flu bug landed SMACK DAB in the middle of my family last week.....
Let's REWIND:
As you might recall we spent much of Christmas weekend with a very sick little Ms. R. She was feverish and clingy and NOT happy most of the weekend. By the time Christmas was all said and done....I could barely remember any of it.
But - such is life. We moved on to New Year's week... with great hope that the "sickness" was behind us. I even blogged about it....saying we were all done with that!!
Or not.
To attempt a "re-do" of Christmas weekend the girls and I packed up and headed back to my parent's house for what we anticipated to be a fun-filled New Year's weekend. The hubs had to work.... so off we went! We hoped to visit with friends, family, play and be happy and healthy!
Despite a strange rain storm in late December ... we made it home safely with the help of Grandpa C. :)
The girls played.....ate a good dinner and went to bed without issue.
We were well on our way to a fabulous weekend!!
UNTIL .... 10 o'clock... when Ms. R started fussing and fussing and fussing.
Grandma P went down to check on her. I waited for her return, but instead I heard Ms. R continue to cry and fuss. I finally went down to check things out... at which time Grandma P whispers to me..... "Ms. R's got the FLU".
Noooooooooooooooo way! I said to myself. That is NOT possible. I went back upstairs upon the urging of my mother. She said she'd sit and rock with Ms. R.
I continued to repeat to myself......"there is no way she has the flu"....... "there is NO WAY SHE HAS THE FLU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".
But - she did. And she threw up several times throughout that night.
She woke up feeling OK --- at which time we all hit the floor ... onto our knees.... PRAYING it would not spread to the rest of us.
Tick....tock...tick...tock...we waited.....and............
....the next to fall victim.... unsuspecting Ms. K, and then ME, Grandpa C, Uncle M, Grandma P, Great Grandma H, HANK (our pup) and now Grandma J....Grauntie D.... who is next???? I hope it's not YOU!!
Yes..... EVEN our DOG threw up.
Not kidding.
I'm not sure he had the flu.......but ... sure as heck... at 4am Monday morning he was puking, too!
Oooooooooooooftah!!!
There is so, so much more to the weekend.....but probably the MOST entertaining part that I MUST share............. was the flying BAT!!!!!!!!!!!!
You read that correctly ............... BAT!!
Flying!!!!!!!!!!
IN MY PARENT'S HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!
Here's the scene:
Grandma P is rocking Ms. K on Saturday night. I am trying to sleep, but I can feel the flu bug starting to bite me, too.
Grandpa C is in bed - it's about 10pm.
All of a sudden I hear my mom run into her room and wake my dad. And, I hear something about a "bat".
I started yelling for my mom....she came in to tell me........ "there's a BAT in our house!".
A bat........with his wings spread OPEN sitting on the blinds in the living room.
I almost died.
But I didn't.
Surprisingly....I told HER to stay calm.
She handed me a very sick little Ms. K and left my room.
I heard them talking....some commotion going on....
Then she returned to say...."We can't find the bat!"
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What to do??
My dad went back to bed.
I kept Ms. K with me because we assumed my room was clear of the bat and my mom went to stir about the house.
When.........all of a sudden....more rustling coming from Mom and Dad's room.
"I got it"................ exclaimed my dad!! He was laughing and laughing.
My mom and I were not laughing!!!
The bat fell behind their dresser....so he had to do a little more work before it was TOTALLY dead.
Dead bat...............IN MY PARENT'S HOUSE!!!
OMG.
And...THEN it was time to sleep??
Ya, right.
So....after ALL of that............. the rest of the household proceeded to get sick.
One by one.
No need to detail that....because we've all had the tummy flu and we all know what that means.
In the end....it's an entire week later and some of us are still not feeling 100%.
It's a big ole' nasty bug..............that seems to have landed right smack dab in the middle of my family.
But - we hope the flu is gone now -- and GONE for good, please??
Right along with Mr. Bat .... who ----- was not welcome in the first place!!
I mean come on..... didn't he know we had already had a BUG in our house???!?!?
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
WAY too much excitement...and not the good kind!
ReplyDeleteWe've all been sick over here, too. But not the dogs ;)
The girls are getting so big and are so cute! Sorry I haven't been by in awhile; I always read, but as you know, it's hard to find the time to read and comment. Happy 2011!