Daddy's been on VACA for a few days this week and to CELEBRATE the girls' 17 month birthday we planned a day trip to the Children's Museum. More on the 17 month bday in tomorrow's post!
I've been wanting to take the girls to the museum for some time now, but I knew I would most certainly need a second pair of eyes and arms to help me.
So - this seemed like the perfect day.......beautiful weather and daddy's company. Yeah!!
I will warn you -- I've got lots of pictures to outline our fun day!! Hang with me, please?!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmkkkkk....here we go!
We left home about 1:15....AFTER about a 2 hour nap for the girls. Ms. K is fighting a nasty cold....so she could've slept longer, but we had to get a move on!!
Here are the girls as we are heading in.....not looking TOO thrilled, yet!
But -- once we were in.... and let the girls loose --- the SMILES began and continued all day long!!
Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek-a-booooooooooooo....I see you, Ms. K!!
They loved looking over this ledge. It made them giggle!!
When we first arrived -- we were the only family in the toddler area....but then a few more kiddos came to play and the girls enjoyed that!
They had so many different ramps and stair cases to climb -- it was prefect for the stage the girls are at because they love to climb right now!
Up and down and up and down......it was QUITE the workout for them!! :=)
Ms. R loved the slides......
Ms. K acted like she was on the runway for fashion week in New York City!! It was to die for cute!
Stopping to admire the sun flowers!!
Chattering away!! I LOVE this picture of Ms. R!!
They had giant "soft" Lego's to play with!
Daddy helped Ms. K down the slides!
Ms. R doesn't need ANY help - she will tell ya!
Ohhhhhh...the water room!! Squeeee!
"Do we have to take a bath, mom??" Ms. K looked concerned!!
Daddy's favorite stop of the day -- the CAMPING exhibit!!
The girls got busy cooking for us!
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm....roasted marshmallows!! ;)
The girls were loving sitting at the table "EAT, EAT"...as Ms. K says!!
Don't they look like such big girls???
I believe it was corn on the cob, pork chops, mash potatoes and a biscuit for lunch! Pretty fancy!
As our time at the museum was nearing a close.....I took a minute to really watch the girls playing in all their glory. These are our girls....our beautiful gifts from God. How could it be that at this time last year we rarely left the house with them, and now, today, they are running and jumping and sliding and GIGGLING to their heart's content. This made our hearts feel so full and so proud.
We have come so far in raising these UNIQUE little souls. And their precious faces say it all!!
Ms. K so serious.......concentrating on her tasks at hand!!
And, Ms. R, looking at me and saying .... "really, Mom,....are you serious...we have to go ALREADY?"
For many -- this might seem like just a fun family day -- but for us this was a REALLY special day. Special because as a family we shared so many smiles and giggles, hugs and smoochies....and felt so proud of our girls as they explored, took risks, learned new things and reminded us that we are in the midst of the most amazing time of our whole lives. Raising our babies is the most profound privilege and every single moment is a gift.ABSOLUTE -- Best. Day. Ever!!!!!!!!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
What a GREAT post and what a wonderful experience for you guys!! What made me laugh was that last week my girlfriend and I had talked about going there and we had planned on going today as well...but the plans changed!
ReplyDeleteNow I know I HAVE to get there soon and for sure will have my hubby come with so he can be apart of all of the moments too!!
So glad you had such a fun day!!! Those days really make you feel good!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great day, thanks for posting!! I just love that our "big girls" can play on slides and things now, so much fun to watch them!
ReplyDelete