....the feeling that our girls ... our precious, spirited, beautiful baby girls are growing up way too fast....
It wasn't just one thing that made this feeling rush over me..........
....instead --- it's everything........
....everything they are doing and saying.......
I wish I could make time stop.
I really, really do.
...Right now they are both trying to figure out the world....dipping a toe into the water....testing all boundaries.....
I know it's impossible to stop the hands of time.....
....or to make this overwhelming feeling go away....
... I know in my head it's simply impossible.
....but in my heart....I dream of time standing still......
....so we forever hear the pitter patter of two sets of feet running across our wood floor...
....and we always have tiny hand prints smeared on the oven door....
....and we find building blocks in every corner of our house...
Those things might seem like little nuisances day to day...
...but today I'd prefer they never, ever go away.
......just like my sweet, sweet baby loves......
I'd like to bottle them.....and keep them this way forever....
I guess this is a part of parenting that is painful..... letting go.....
Even at 16 months....we have to let go....
And, yes -- it is painful.
I love them so much it hurts.
Cuz I'm the mama!

*sniffle* We are in the same boat. My guys just hit 17 months, and every day, they look more and more grown up. They are becoming little men. On top of them growing before our eyes, it makes me sad that I hardly remember the first 6 months. Why can't our little birds just stay in the nest (and stay little) forever?
ReplyDelete