...our sweet Ms. K has "come out from under her sweetness" just a little bit.
It's just been so funny (and interesting) to watch that I had to document -- so I won't forget.
She has typically been our more passive babe....take life as it comes....steps aside for her sister....
But, lately this has not been the case.
She suddenly has become a bit more "feisty" if you will....
She kind of walks around the house like she owns the place....and instead of "taking it as it comes"...she's had more of the "I will float my own boat" kind of attitude.
Oh boy! I already have one of those!!!!!!
Just yesterday....she decided not to really take a nap. Believe me - this is a first for her. She fell asleep initially, but about 30 minutes in -- she was awake and talking in her crib. Of course I thought it was Ms. R, but upon further investigation it was actually Ms. K!! SHOCKER! She didn't fuss at all - so I left her in her room for another hour hoping she would crash. Nope! And this is my child who takes a 3+ hour nap every single day.
IT WAS JUST A FLUKE -- is what I kept repeating to myself all day long. :-)
Anyway.... she continues to use the word "NO" a lot....and doesn't seem interested in doing anything that we want her to do.
And, more so -- interested in doing things we don't want her to do...
As in ... standing in her high chair (thanks, Ms. R!!), refusing to take a bath, hitting her sister and mama in the face, pulling my hair and the list goes on!
Speaking of hitting her sister...Ms. R (ironically) was the first victim of what I'm calling ....
"Sister Scratches"!!
I simply can not imagine how many scratches we will see between these two over the next 18 years!
I'm absolutely convinced our sweet Ms. K is still in there....but, right now she is just hiding from us!!
She has definitely learned how to play "copy-cat", too.
Whether it be doing everything Ms. R is doing or copying us verbally -- she is really into it.
Just since last week she has learned so many new words by copying us. A few of my favs are "nigh, nigh" and bu-bbles!
That part has been really fun!!
She is also very interested in shoes!!
She wants to wear them all over the house. And, in just the last week she has finally learned how to put them on and walk with them.
Anyway.....kind of a post full of random things, but all stuff I don't want to forget.
If there is one thing I know for sure it's that these ladies are going to keep me guessing!
The rest -- I honestly don't have a freakin' clue!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


Love reading your blog. I have twin boys who are 13 months and they are already starting to "fight". Thanks goodness they love each other most of the time and that makes up for all the "fighting". I would love if you visit my blog http://mommyofgg.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteI could not help but laugh reading this!! It is uncanny how similar our pairs our! Addie (my good napper) goes down for 1/2 hour, then up, and has started to do the same at night!!
ReplyDeleteWow!! They sure know how to keep us on our toes don't they!!
Love the standing in the highchair photo! Ours do the SAME thing...stand on EVERYTHING!!