Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to "mine" mama!

... well, a BELATED happy birthday to you, mama!

Hoping the "better late than never" rule applies here. :)

I got to thinking yesterday about her BIRTH day ..... and I believe when my mama was born ---- God had a very specific and special purpose for her.

When he "created" her ... he blessed her with amazing qualities, a HUGE heart and a very task-oriented personality!!

JUST what she needed as she would later become a very busy (working) mama of FOUR kidlets!

Somehow (with my dad's help) she kept it all together and raised four babes to be pretty darn successful people --- if I do say so myself!

When I think of my mama ...

I think of her as a "to the rescue" kind of mom.

And ... I believe others feel that way about her, too.

It seems she knows JUST what to do at JUST the right time - every time.

There has never been a moment when I've needed her that she wasn't there for me.....my entire life.

Last weekend we were reflecting on some of the "ups and downs" of my 33 years......and she's been right there through every one of them.

I told her .... it wasn't until I became a parent that I was able to completely understand what a special role it is.

As a mama -- you would do ANYTHING for your babe.

And, that is what my mom has been teaching me all these years -- even though I didn't know it.

What a gift!

People "joke" that my mom is the energizer bunny.  She doesn't stop "doing" all day long until she literally collapses.  Whether it's in her personal or professional life --- she gives it all -- and with such big heart.

She is constantly thinking of other people and how to help them. 

She taught us this from a very early age. 

To reach out - to help others.

This is truly an amazing lesson to teach children because -- in the end -- the giver is actually the reciever because it feels so good to help someone in need.

When God made "mine" mama....he knew she was going to be an extraordinary person with an unending amount of love to give.

And, speaking of LOVE -- you should see her with her "GRANDS".....aka: grandbabies. 

Now -- that's pure, genuine, unedited LOVE.

And love that has been so special for me to whitness.

It helps me see how my mama must have loved me as a baby.

And...it helps me understand that whether my girls are 18 months, 18 years or 33 ... I will be there for them in every way without any hesitation.

It might mean nursing us back to health or .... giving advice or my mama's ever-famous assistance with laundering and ironing our clothes into the wee hours of the night!!

She's done it all.....so many times.

You know it's true, mom!!

And, as I end my post about my beautiful mama (inside and out) I have to share a "to the rescue" story that made me smile this morning!

My dear hubs stayed up way too late last night working on a presentation for this morning.  Typically, if he has to give a presentation he has to wear a suit and tie as oppposed to crawling into his same ole' blue scrubs as he does most days.

And -- if I know he has a presentation I typically ask him the night before if he has his suit ready to roll for the next day.

Well -- because he came to bed so late.... I forgot to ask him.

Fast forward to this (early) morning .... when he says to me that he needs to go into Ms. R's room to get a shirt because he doens't have any (clean) that match his suit.

GULP. GASP. OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going into Ms. R's room at 5:30am means Ms. R will be up at 5:30am (vs 8am, lately).

Enough to put me into tears and sweats!

How could he not plan ahead, I thought to myself??

I took a moment to THINK, before I got upset.

Shocking for me, I know...

Well, maybe he didn't plan ahead because he came to bed at almost 2am and now it was 5:30am. 

And maybe because...he'd spent the entire afternoon with me at a doctor's appointment...

And, then, the evening with me and the girls. 

So, that's why ---- I explained to myself.

No time to plan ahead.

In that same moment I thought..........I think there may be a few shirts downstairs that my mom ironed last time she was here!

I rush downstairs and YES, YES, YES .... there were 2 beautifully ironed shirts all ready to go!!

See what I mean???

Mom to the MAJOR rescue this morning!!

And, then the girls were able to snooze away until 7:30 without interuption....something I knew my mom would be very happy about.

These kind of examples are truly endless.

As is her LOVE for all of us.

Thank you, God, for MY mom.

That "plan" for Margaret Ann 61 years ago most definitely turned out to be one of your best masterpieces yet!

**Pictured here with her oldest "Grand" ... Ms. H.
I just love this picture of my mom!**

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post and what a great mom you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A man I used to work with...he was about my dad's age, and he had children close to my age...told me: "You'll never be able to understand how much your parents love you, until you have your own children."

    I haven't talked to this gentleman in years, but I think about him often. Truer words were never spoken!

    Sounds like you have a pretty awesome mom...hope she had a great birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete