Friday, March 04, 2011

sometimes mama needs a spanking!

Yes... I do!

There are so many times....when the girls have found their way into something that is supposed to be "OFF LIMITS" to them -- I find myself so dog gone mad at ---------- MYSELF!!

OFF LIMITS means just that ..... it should be out of their reach, right???

But, at times....I get distracted and forget to lock a cupboard or put the "figs" up high or put the *ahem* furniture polish away so Ms. R's darling little shirt doesn't get completely RUINED!!

Argh!!!!!!!

And that's when I seriously just want to scream at myself.

They are SO very curious. 

In their minds -- EVERYTHING is theirs.

They own the place.

If they can reach it -- and it looks interesting -- it will be in their hands, immediately.

I feel like we've worked hard to baby proof all the areas that are of high importance -- but now and then (more often NOW) ... I find myself regretting leaving something in their reach.

After all -- if I didn't leave it there....they COULD.NOT.GET.IT.

Hellooooo.....mama!??

Anybody home???

I always feel so badly when I have to fight to get something away from them....those are always ugly fights.

So .. here's to screwing my brain back on tight and putting things up, up, up!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. :) I struggle with just how much to put up all the time. I think there is a fine line about putting too much up and out of reach because my little ones need to understand "no" and that not everything is to play with, but it can be hard to choose which battles are worth fighting. If its dangerous, it needs to be put up, but there are few battles that I'm fighting to teach the girls they need to listen too. Good luck. :)

    ReplyDelete