Tuesday, March 01, 2011

a RARE treat!!

The girls slept IN today - and I mean --------- BIG TIME!!

As in ... Ms. K slept til 7:50 and Ms. R woke at 8am!!!

WHAT?!??!?!?!?!

I had already showered, eaten breakfast, sent a few emails, cleaned the kitchen, put in some laundry, fed the dog, made my bed, packed the diaper bag and was just wandering around the house wondering what on earth to do with myself!!

Honestly - I was!! :):)

It was HEAVEN to have all that accomplished BEFORE they woke.

And, I just had to blog about it because it seems much of the time I'm blogging about "issues" or dilemmas" and I want the girls to know (years from now) that we did have AWESOME mornings like today!!

We had to get to a "baby storytime" class at the library by 9:30am and I was a little worried we wouldn't be able to make it out the door in time!!

That is defintiely a first because we usually have a few hours in the morning before we go anywhere!

Thankfully the girls were very cooperative, ate breakfast and we skidaddled out the door!!

Perhaps it was just a fluke -- but I will definitely take it....as a TREAT for mama from my special little ladies.

Thank you my loves!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!!

2 comments:

  1. Must be in the air! Both my girls slept until 8:30...so unusual!
    Glad you got to have some time to yourself this morning...it's kind of nice! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a fantastic treat!!! And I know just what you mean about wandering around the house. :) Our girls napped SO WELL today...it was bliss!!!

    ReplyDelete