The girls and I are VERY fortunate to have met some wonderful friends this year. We were first introduced in our Early Childhood Education Class and it was INSTANT friendship for the only "twin mamas" in the group!
Since meeting -- we've had several playdates. We typically get together mid-afternoon since we have daddys/hubbys that work long hours.
It has been a lifesaver for me because hanging out with Mama J means I get to spend the afternoon with someone who TOTALLY and COMPLETELY understands my life......because she is living it too.
Her twinkies (A & O) (girl/boy twins) are 2 weeks younger than our girls.
So -- today, we had one of our regularly scheduled playdates that often take place on Friday afternoons!
Great way to end the week!!
Because today was like THE MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY since last summer ... we decided to take our playdate outside.
And, for the most part it went really well.
Seems there is always someone fussing, but with FOUR babes at the exact same age -- that is bound to happen, right? Mama J and I just march on!
Mama J snapped some pics at the park.....you will notice there aren't any of Ms. R. She just wasn't into being photographed today!
On the flip side -- a shot of Ms. K -- posing like she's having her senior pictures taken!! Hair blowing in the wind with pretty scenery!
And ... Ms. K and Ms. A sliding together!!!
Another pretty shot of Ms. K.Back at home (well, at the neighbors, really) Mr. O, Ms, K and Ms, A were having a ball jumping on the trampoline. Ms. R jumped for a short bit, but then quickly jumped into mommy's arms to watch the others.
And -- the sweetest part of our entire day.....
As I said -- we've been getting together on a regular basis for several months now. The kiddos also see each other at ECFE weekly, but up until today it seemed as if they didn't really notice each other..crazy as that sounds. Mama J and I always joked that our playdates were for the mamas because the kiddos didn't seem to interact, much.
But - today it all changed. And, it seemed to start with Ms. K. Out of no where she started following Ms. A around the house trying to hug and kiss her. It was hysterical to watch!!
Suddenly, we noticed all the kids interacting with each other so much more than ever before. It was completely crazy. Crazy because they ALL seemed to be doing it today. All on the same day!!
To top it off -- Mr. O and Ms. A seemed much more comfy with me and vice versa with my kids and Mama J!
We were stunned!
Ms. K continued to give hugs and kisses to everyone throughout the afternoon.......
And, DON'T tell daddy -- but "technically" Ms. K had her FIRST kiss from a BOY today!!
She and Mr. O gave each other a smacker right on the LIPS!!
Gasp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And, Ms. K just giggled. So cute!
Mama J happened to capture Ms. K and Ms. A hugging in the pic below. Kind of blurry -- and notice me in the way background reacting to it. And I wonder where my girls get their drama??!?!?!
Needless to say three wonderful hours passed very quickly this afternoon. And, I feel very, very blessed to have met such a wonderful friend who can honestly and truly appreciate all that comes with twin parenting.
Mama J has been a tremendous support for me as I continue to have both successes and failures at this gig called PARENTING!
I have a feeling she will be a friend for LIFE and I am so thankful!
What a gift!
Can't wait for our next date -- and I can honestly say (now) that I'd bet my girls can't either!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
I would agree that this was in deed the best play date ever and we also can't wait to see you guys again!!
ReplyDeleteI am so fortunate that we met in ECFE and would agree that we will have a lifelong friendship!!
Her first kiss .... OH BOY!!!! I bet it is so crazy to think about it :)
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome to meet someone who is going through the same thing you are, this crazy thing we call parenting multiples! They look like they are having fun! =)
ReplyDeleteHello! I just came across your blog! Your girls are so adorable! I am the mommy to an almost 15 month old and can't imagine having two, wow!
ReplyDelete~Kristin
http://kristinday2day.blogspot.com/