Sounds crazy, right???
Actually -- sounds just about status quo for us THESE days!!
Easter weekend started out great! The hubs (although post-call and sleepy) was WITH us for the two days we'd be spending between families celebrating Easter.
We left home "on time" and arrived at my parents with two little ladies who decided not to nap on the way.
It was a good plan, right??
But - it turned out fine and we were enjoying the first part of our Easter weekend.
Our plan was to spend Saturday with my family and Sunday with the hubs' family.
Fun!!!
I had great intentions of taking oodles of pics.....of course I had visions of the Easter egg hunts, the girls all dolled up in their dresses, pics with cousins and Grandparents and anything else that screamed Easter to me. I don't remember taking ANY pics last Easter so I was bound to make up for it.
I started off on par - but things quickly went down hill, from there.
Let's start with the egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa M's house! I was loving it because the girls seemed to somewhat understand putting the eggs in their baskets. It was darling!
This, sadly, was the beginning and the end of my Easter pics. Fail!
That was -- Easter mishap #1.
After some consoling and daddy "walking it off" we were back to the egg hunt and all was well.
After the egg hunt my sister took Ms. K, her kiddos and some family friends to a nearby park to play. Soon after --- the phone rang and we learned little G-man had a big, bad cut on his chin. The hubs and Grandma raced down to the park to decide that stitches were in order. :( Not good. But - after 3 hours in the ER -- BRAVE little G-man was all stitched up and good as new.
That was -- Easter mishap #2.
The night went on with more playing and a bonfire outside. We kept the girls inside and away from the fire. The hubs has seen too many tykes come into the hospital with bonfire related injuries so we played inside til bedtime.
When bedtime rolled around for the girls -- we were all pretty much beat. Daddy and Ms. R headed down first.....when all of a sudden the hubs feet came out from under him and CRASH ... down the steps they go.
SHOCK is about the only word that describes it, really.
Thankfully Ms. R was again OK....very shaken, but OK. Daddy on the other hand -- VERY bruised and he's certain he cracked a few ribs. He was a mess! The physical bruising showed up right away, but it's what was underneath that was really hurting him.
That was -- Easter mishap #3.
We could not believe the day we'd had. So many freak accidents!
The hubs and G-man took some pain meds and we all tried to go to sleep with hopes of Easter Sunday bringing "New Life".
Good News!! Easter Sunday brought beautiful sunshine and a MUCH better day!! After wrangling (literally) Ms. R into her Easter dress.....we were off to church.
After church (which went surprisingly well) and some lunch -- we head to the hubs' sister's house for Easter -round 2! Auntie A does such a wonderful job hosting Easter every year. Her house is always beautifully decorated and so inviting. Plus -- there are oodles of little kiddos running around and it's so fun for the girls to play with their cousins.
The girls enjoyed time with Grandma and Grandpa G outside playing while the hubs and I caught our breath inside. The hubs was (and still is) VERY sore from his mishaps and so it was nice they could take over for part of the day.
There was so much fun and chattering going on at Auntie A's -- that I totally forgot to feed the girls that afternoon.
Suddenly the meltdown ensued and the hubs was like -- THEY ARE STARVING!! Ooops!
So -- they had to miss out on the egg hunt at Auntie Angie's because they were chowing down, but their cousins scooped up eggs and treats for them!!
When it was time to pack up and head home --we knew it. We had two very tired babes who fell fast asleep on the way home. They were so tuckered out from all the fun (and sugar!).
I guess just have to giggle because in my "pre-Easter" post I mentioned I hoped memories from Easter 2011 would be clear as a bell......(unlike Easter 2010 when I was so dog-tired)....
And... in the end ... I don't think I will need any sort of a bell to remind me of Easter 2011....
I'm pretty sure it will be quite VIVID in my mind!
Hope you and your family had a very happy Easter!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Aww, sweetie I'm so sorry! What a crazy weekend you guys had! Hugs to you all, hope hubs is feeling better too!
ReplyDeleteHoly buckets sweetie...you have had quite the craziest few weeks!! You are in need and SOOO deserving of some good, slow, peaceful weeks. I sure hope the girls will help you with that! :)
ReplyDeleteOh dear! What a crazy weekend of mishaps! Hugs to all!!!
ReplyDeleteHey you! Email me if you ever wanna chat! =) I'm on facebook too, hang in there Momma! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWow, what an amazing Easter adventure. I hope the hubs is okay and doing better after all those accidents. Maybe next year will be the year for the amazing pictures!
ReplyDelete