Is there even such a thing??
Well...there is at my house!
The other day when the weather finally warmed up a little the girls and I spent some time outside.
It was after our walk and so the girls were eager to get out of the stroller and EXPLORE.
Key word.....EXPLORE.
Let's face it -- I've been down right nervous about how things were going to go when I took them outside by myself this spring.
GONE are the "immobile" days of carrying them to and from the swings out back. I actually thought THAT was hard.
Truthfully -- nervous doesn't even cut it - more like - terrified!!
Not practicing my "less worrying" pledge here am I?? :(
And, I think this fear came as a result of taking Ms. R outside a few weeks ago and within a millisecond she was down the driveway and on the road.
Danger!!
So today I just kind of went for it - without too much thought or I would have stopped myself.
Problem is -- we also have a very "spirited" pooch who thinks he needs to play fetch constantly. He drops a wet soggy ball at my feet the entire time we're outside.
The girls think it's funny.
Me?
Not so much.
And...then there's the two babes who enjoyed moseying to the back of the house and picking up snow and ice, rocks and dog food.
When I finally got them back to the front of the house (where the warm sun shines in the afternoon!) they immediately wanted to head for the end of the driveway.
So....I mustered up my 8th grade basketball defensive skills and played some MEAN mama defense against those three!!
I was down low -- and doing the shuffle all the way across the end of our driveway.
They thought it was a game -- I thought .. hey this is one heck of a workout!!
A few minutes later my prince (aka: daddy) came home to rescue me!!
Thank you Lord.
So .. if you happen to be driving by our house and you see a blond pony tail bobbing up and down....you can be sure I'm just playing my THREE on ONE defense again.
Looks like it's gonna be a very active summer!
Note to Grandmas, Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles, Friends, Neighbors and anyone driving by our house these days -- PLEASE take special time to look around as you drive up. You just never know where one of our babes might be playing.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment