Friday, April 29, 2011

Time to celebrate!

Yesterday was an all around GREAT day!!

It initially started out WONDERFUL because the hubs SURPRISED me by taking the day off (oh so rare) in honor of our wedding anniversary!! 

I was so excited.....not because we really had anything amazing planned, but just that he was going to be home with me and the girls all day -- which is a major treat in itself!! 

Funny how "celebrating" changes over the years!! Bahahhaaa...I act like we're an old married couple!! In reality -- it's been FOUR whole years of pure bliss! ;) Well.......mostly bliss.  I only remember the bliss so that's all that counts, right??

Our wedding day was a  beaauuuuuuuuuutiful 70 degree -- clear blue sky -- kinda day.  It was my dream!!

And in our four years of marriage I've learned we were truly a match made in HEAVEN.

A match --- that was meant to create two beautiful little angels here on earth!

They looked so much alike when they were born! (Ms, R, Ms. K)
The other fun part to our day is ---we share our anniversary date with the hubs' mom's birthday!! So -- we decided it would be fun to all go out for dinner together!! It was a bit of an impromptu gathering (imagine that with us!!), but we managed to make it work so Grandma J, Papa R, Auntie A and cousins B & A could all meet us for a little celebrating!!

It was so fun!! We hit up a pizza joint because it's usually the best "sure bet" for taking the girls out to eat.

Here are a few fun pics!!

Birthday "Grandma"...posing with Ms. K!  Here's to another great year ahead!
Ms. R hamming it up as usual!

Enjoying some fresh air after the sun FINALLY came out!
It was such a blessing to all be together!! Sometimes the last minute planning is the best!!

In other fun news -- THIS marks my 200th post and I now have 55 followers!!!

Enough to make a mama smile!

Thanks for sticking with me -- even when I'm absent for awhile.

Hope you are enjoying this sunny Friday!!

I mean really -- who could ask for more??

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...Happy Anniversary!!! We are just a little ahead of you as we just celebrated our 5th. Congrats!!! Wow, the girls really did look so much alike at birth. Such a cute photo. Oh and I love the pony in Mrs R!!! Just darling. :)

    ReplyDelete