Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Nursery Rhymes!

We ... are in the thick of learning all the good old fashioned nursery rhymes in our house.

I wish upon all the stars ... I could get an audible video to post for your enjoyment because it is so dog gone cute!

But -- no luck with that ... you'll have to take my word on this one, for now!

Nursery Rhymes are so interesting because most of them are pretty silly ... but they are so catchy and all kids seem to love them!

Including our kiddos...!

As of late -- they'd prefer to sing songs at bedtime rather than read books.

A welcome little change...

And ... such a cherished moment in time -- when we listen to their sweet little voices trying with all their might to remember the verses, and if nothing else -- repeat after mom and dad.

Our playlist right now includes:

Wheels on the bus go round and round!
Itsy Bitsy Spider
Row, Row, Row your boat
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star (or "Twinkle Star" as Kenna calls it and she knows ALL the words!)
ABC's -- they've come so far with this one, lately.

It's been such a joy to listen to them pick up on these tried and true nursery rhymes.  Of course -- they also sing along to Barney (I LOVE YOU) and the Micky Mouse Club songs... but there is just something about hearing them sing the nursery rhymes I sang as a kid that melts my heart.

I remember vividly -- my parents attempting to record my brother Paul singing when he was about our girls age.  We listened to that "tape" over and over and laughed and laughed.  I can't remember the songs, exactly, but he was so cute and now I know why it was so important to get that on tape.  Their little voices change so quickly ... you blink and they've moved on to something else.

So, for now - in these special moments before bed -- we are soaking up the sweetness. Listening to little girls proudly belting some of our personal favorites from when we were little brings back special memories.

And - you can guarantee I am working like a dog to get a video to post for you!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it funny to hear those lyrics and phrases as an adult? I guess they made sense to someone, somewhere, once!

    ReplyDelete