


Good afternoon...
Took me a day to regroup from our Easter weekend adventure! We had a jam-packed weekend, but it was definitely worth the effort that travel requires with twins at this age!! We indeed have to bring darn near...EVERYTHING...but like I said....it's worth it! I think this is the first Easter the hubs has not been oncall in 4 years. So - that in itself made it very special. I was so happy he could be with us for the girls' 1st Easter!! :)
We started out early on Saturday morning. Our goal was for the girls to nap on the way to my parent's house. They napped some, but not nearly as long as I had hoped. Oh ... a mamma can dream, right?? Anyway....landed in LF around lunchtime. Had a YUMMY Easter buffet which included some of my absolute favorite foods. With all my family gathered around it was truly a perfect afternoon. Ms. K was cooperative and took a (short) nap, but Ms. R. didn't want to miss a minute of the action and WOULD NOT NAP in the afternoon. Ack!! So - we decided to head out for a walk in the warm afternoon sunshine and that put Ms. R right to sleep. Ms. K wasn't super fond of the walk so my sis lugged her around in the baby Bjorn. It was a lifesaver!!
Later that eve...after the babes were tucked into bed (THANK GOD!) my sibs and I headed out for a "beverage" at the local pub! Fun to hang with them. I couldn't stay toooooo late, though, knowing we had another big day ahead on Sunday!
Speaking of Sunday - huge kuddos to my whole fam for making it out the door (all of us showered and ready for Easter mass) by 8:00AM!! Wow, now that is a major accomplishment considering we had the babes and my niece in nephew in toe! Church went great too. The babes we pretty dern cooperative. Ms. K took a little snooze on daddy while Ms. R bounced away on my sister's lap.
After church we packed up and headed to the hub's sister's house! MORE FUN!! We again celebrated with a wonderful meal and lots and lots of warm sunshine. My hub's grandfather and aunt made a surprise appearance and that made the day so special. We were so happy they were able to see the babes and what they are up to "right now". As we know with each day, week and month they change so much!!
After a long day....we packed up AGAIN and headed home. This was....well, likely THE most stressful part of the weekend. For whatever reason Ms. R was very, very, very (did I say VERY) upset all the way home. She screamed to the point I wondered if she might vomit. Nothing would soothe her and to top it off Ms. K decided to join in about half way home too. We ran into some nasty Easter weekend traffic which delayed us big time. The hubs and I just took deep breaths and reassured each other that we would make it.
Silly thing is......as soon as we arrived home I quickly got out of the truck and grabbed Ms. R to see what on earth the trouble was. And...what did she do???? Gave me a big, beautiful smile. Kind of like .... "thanks Mom, I just wanted the heck out of this seat"!! Oh Lord....give me grace!!
Overall......wonderful weekend. We are so feeling so blessed!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mamma!
Took me a day to regroup from our Easter weekend adventure! We had a jam-packed weekend, but it was definitely worth the effort that travel requires with twins at this age!! We indeed have to bring darn near...EVERYTHING...but like I said....it's worth it! I think this is the first Easter the hubs has not been oncall in 4 years. So - that in itself made it very special. I was so happy he could be with us for the girls' 1st Easter!! :)
We started out early on Saturday morning. Our goal was for the girls to nap on the way to my parent's house. They napped some, but not nearly as long as I had hoped. Oh ... a mamma can dream, right?? Anyway....landed in LF around lunchtime. Had a YUMMY Easter buffet which included some of my absolute favorite foods. With all my family gathered around it was truly a perfect afternoon. Ms. K was cooperative and took a (short) nap, but Ms. R. didn't want to miss a minute of the action and WOULD NOT NAP in the afternoon. Ack!! So - we decided to head out for a walk in the warm afternoon sunshine and that put Ms. R right to sleep. Ms. K wasn't super fond of the walk so my sis lugged her around in the baby Bjorn. It was a lifesaver!!
Later that eve...after the babes were tucked into bed (THANK GOD!) my sibs and I headed out for a "beverage" at the local pub! Fun to hang with them. I couldn't stay toooooo late, though, knowing we had another big day ahead on Sunday!
Speaking of Sunday - huge kuddos to my whole fam for making it out the door (all of us showered and ready for Easter mass) by 8:00AM!! Wow, now that is a major accomplishment considering we had the babes and my niece in nephew in toe! Church went great too. The babes we pretty dern cooperative. Ms. K took a little snooze on daddy while Ms. R bounced away on my sister's lap.
After church we packed up and headed to the hub's sister's house! MORE FUN!! We again celebrated with a wonderful meal and lots and lots of warm sunshine. My hub's grandfather and aunt made a surprise appearance and that made the day so special. We were so happy they were able to see the babes and what they are up to "right now". As we know with each day, week and month they change so much!!
After a long day....we packed up AGAIN and headed home. This was....well, likely THE most stressful part of the weekend. For whatever reason Ms. R was very, very, very (did I say VERY) upset all the way home. She screamed to the point I wondered if she might vomit. Nothing would soothe her and to top it off Ms. K decided to join in about half way home too. We ran into some nasty Easter weekend traffic which delayed us big time. The hubs and I just took deep breaths and reassured each other that we would make it.
Silly thing is......as soon as we arrived home I quickly got out of the truck and grabbed Ms. R to see what on earth the trouble was. And...what did she do???? Gave me a big, beautiful smile. Kind of like .... "thanks Mom, I just wanted the heck out of this seat"!! Oh Lord....give me grace!!
Overall......wonderful weekend. We are so feeling so blessed!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mamma!
It was a wonderful weekend!!! It was great to have all 4 kids, 2 spouses, and 4 grandkids here for the weekend. Wow!!!! Sunday night sure was nice and quiet though. Looking forward to the next great get together!!!! Dad
ReplyDeleteI agree with dad...great weekend. I loved having Ms. R on my lap in church. I didn't hear much of what the priest had to say, but I was doing what I love best. Miss the girls already!
ReplyDeleteprettty
ReplyDelete