We sure had a fun weekend around here. I feel like it was technically the girls 1st Halloween being that they were a mere 6 weeks old last year. All I can recall from that time was being in a very sleep deprived fog. I remember buying candy and kiddos coming to our door...but that is about it!!
This year we the hubs and I attended a fun neighborhood Halloween party on Saturday night. Historically I am not much of a costume gal. The hubs on the other hand LOVES to dress up. If I do dress up, however, I like to make sure I am very well prepared...where the hubs likes to put something together minutes before walking out the door! STRESS!!
So...I ventured out on my own and found a costume earlier in the week. In true form .. the hubs was putting his together just hours before the party!! I guess that is why we make a pretty good team. BALANCE!! :)
The party we attended invited both adults and kiddos and so we wanted to be sure our costumes were kid-friendly...unlike a few of the costumes...."ahem"....daddy has worn in past years!!!
I went as "ELMO" and the hubs was Mr. Brett Favre!! How much more kid-friendly can you get? :)
Unfortunately on Halloween day daddy had to work -- but we still had fun because my parents came to help me dress up the girls and hand out candy!!
I guess I could say the girls did "pretty" well. They were not too sure about their costumes at first - but once we were outside and moving they did much better.
Ms. R is really struggling with some teething issues so that put a damper on her disposition a little bit.
Here are our two little monkeys!!
Ms. R looking at Ms. K like....."what in the world are you wearing sister??" Too cute!
I love this last photo because it is true to form...Ms. R is our little MONKEY as she is always on the move or trying to get away!!
After about 20 (yes ... ONLY 20) minutes of strolling around the neighborhood ... we decided to call it a night. The girls (and mommy) had had enough!! It was time for dinner and BED!!!
Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa M for all the awesome help this weekend!!
Hope your Halloween was GREEEAAAAAAAAAAAT!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Glad you guys had fun! You all look adorable! :) Love hubby's outfit...tell him he could of gotten way more creative with that though. LMAO! ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat cute little monkeys you have!
ReplyDeleteAwww...you looked super cute as Elmo and the girls were just darling. Next year will be even more fun when they start understand the whole Trick Or Treat thing! What fun!!!!
ReplyDelete