Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Crazy doggy!

I must share a down right hilarious story about our very crazy dog - HANK!

If you don't know Hank....well......let's just say he is a NEEDY pup.  I will take the blame. I coddled him like a newborn baby when he joined our family.  As in .... didn't leave him unless absoultely necessary...allowed him in the house all the time.....and worse yet -- allowed him to sleep with us. 

SO..... yes... he's needy -- and even more .... he's full of anxiety when he's left alone.  As in - the dog needs meds....he's got some type of attachment disorder for dogs.

Again - I'll take the blame.

Like mother ... like dog??

Anyway...we have a beautiful kennel OUTSIDE that we built just for him.  We actually spent quite a pretty penny on constructing it while building our house.  It was to be the perfect home for our dog "to-be".

Or not.

Turns out he's a house dog.  Even though...I NEVER wanted a dog in the house.

Oh hell!

Back to the story -- we also have a very nicely HEATED garage.  Again .. another perk for the dog who refuses to be outside.

But.. lately I've been forcing him out there because I know it's warm (ahem.....65 degrees) in the garage. And...when the girls are napping or we have company ... this crazy dog needs to be outside.  And... it makes my puppy mama heart feel better knowing he's not out in the cold in his kennel.

So last night when we had a guest we put him out in the garage.  After the guest left I said to the hubs....do you hear Hank?? He isn't whining???

That's odd...I thought to myself.

So...I went out to get him ... and.... NO HANK TO BE FOUND!!

Of course my head went right to bad places.....(he's so sad out there that he collapsed and died!!)

Anxiety much??

As mentioned...like mother like dog??

The hubs goes out to investigate while I start crying (not really, but almost)....

I then hear the hubs calling for me.......

I race out to the garage...and he is just shaking his head...

Where do you think he found HANK???

He had jumped through the car window and curled up on the front seat.... fast asleep!!

No wonder he didn't come when I called him. 

He was cozy and warm -- and knew he was somewhere he probably shouldn't be!

Although...if it makes him stop whining and crying ...I'm all for it.

In fact i'm so for it I would gladly put a nice warm blanket on the front seat for him to cozy up with...

Only problem is..... he was in the hub's car which is usually with him at work. :(

I'm not sure he could jump high enough to get into the truck window...

I guess I wouldn't put it past him for one minute...

Maybe if I leave a blankie AND a treat!!

Either way he is down right CRAZY!!

Like mother -- like dog??

I guess so!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. LOL that's to cute!! How awesome! Did you get a picture? :)
    I love your new header, man those girls are gorgeous!! Did you guys get pictures done??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Experienced something very similar in my driveway. Thought my pup got out of the yard, but had no clue as to how he did it. No holes dug under fence and the gates were all shut. Turns out, he was sitting, waiting to ride shotgun in my car!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is hilarious!
    Our dogs are really spoiled but that is the way it should be, right?
    Rosco sleeps with us now since booting Sugar out of the bed. Honestly, I kind of want my bed back before the baby gets here. (Is that possible to take back my bed?)

    ReplyDelete