Monday, May 07, 2012

2 month stats...Ms. A!!

Good news...!

We have ourselves a very healthy and GROWING baby girl!

Today was Ms. A's 2 month well-child check.

As most mama's do - I dread these appointments because of the immunizations the babe has to endure.

Big, sad, face. :-(

But - before we got to the sad stuff - Ms. A was a perfect patient.

Honestly - she was!!

She was flashing her bright smile at both the nurse and her pediatrician.

I think he was pretty smitten with her. ;)

She is growing like a little weed in the garden I tell ya!

Last night the hubs and I took guesses on her current weight.

I guessed 13.5 pounds and the hubs guessed around 12.

Well mama knows best!!

2 month stats:
Weight: 13 pounds 7.2 ounces (96%) (yeah for breast-fed babies!!)
Height: 57.8cm (65th%)
Head: 38.1 (31.1%)

We ran through the list of what to expect from our 2 month old and it seems she is meeting all the milestones.  Makes this mama very, very happy!

We discussed her constant state of "congested" - and as we already knew .. it's something we have to wait for her to outgrow.  Any time now, Ms. A! ;)

And -- then the DREADED shots!!

She received one oral shot and THREE regular ole' needle poke shots.

The awful queasy feeling sept right back in (for mama) and I felt so helpless as she screamed from the unexpected shock of that big needle going into her precious little thigh.

Oh the heartbreak.

It sure doesn't get any easier with baby #3.

I had big plans of taking pics of her at the appointment, but I got distracted from the anxiety leading up to her shots.

So, instead - here's a peek at our angel "post-appointment"...

She's been peacefully sleeping in her car seat for going on THREE hours, now.
Does that look like a growing baby or what??

Hoping those pesky shots don't bug her later on tonight ..... but glad she's at least had a long snooze this afternoon.

Oh man -- I love this little peanut pie to the moon and back and I'm glad the 2 month appointment is in the books!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


No comments:

Post a Comment