Or - how about two months new?
I like that sound of that one, best.
Life without her is a very, very, very distant memory, now.
Life with her ... feels right....and meant to be -- and like God's special gift and plan for us.
Ms. A is growing everyday. She has always been a cooperative and willing nursing baby. I am thankful for that.
We don't have any real set feeding schedule - sometimes she likes to eat every two hours and sometimes she will sleep right through a feeding and go 5 or 6 hours.
It's a welcome change, not having such a rigid feeding schedule.
When the big sisters were babies I was a ship wreck most days over keeping them on a strict schedule.
This seems much more "go with Ms. A's flow".
And, I like that for both of us.
She's had several overnights where she's slept up to 7 hour stretches. This is always a big surprise when I look over at the clock and realized she's slept so long.
Other (most) nights she sleeps about 4 or 5 hours and then wants to eat.
The middle of the night feedings are actually just fine by me, these days. It's quiet, just the two of us and she quickly snuggles back to bed when her sweet little tummy is plump full.
She is wearing 3-6 month clothes, right now. More on the 3 month end ... but I'm sure that will be changing soon, too.
Her disposition continues to be pretty laid back. If she is hungry or tired - she will let us know. But otherwise we often glance over and she's just hanging out. If she is acting really fussy - it seems she is more tired, than hungry. It can be a bit of a challenge to fall asleep in the midst of two very busy older sisters playing throughout the house. I look forward to Ms. A having her own room and space when we return to MN. She seems to be a girl who needs her sleep.... girl after her mama's (sleepy) heart.
She definitely prefers to be on mama's lap -- but that's just because I'm the one who's with her most of the time. I keep telling her she has lots of "laps" and "arms" to meet when we move back home. Hopefully she settles right in with all the new family and surroundings.
We continue to debate who she resembles. Often I see shades of her daddy's baby pics when I look at her's. But - she really is just "herself". I really don't see a strong resemblance to either one of her sisters, yet. They change so quickly, though. Her big blue eyes (for now) are a little window into her special soul.
Ms. A has started flashing us real, genuine SMILES these past few weeks (not just gas-related!!). She is a very smiley baby. It lights up our house -- and we all feel so excited when we big smiles from her. Her sisters LOVE when she smiles at them. I think it makes them feel special.
Recently, she's started cooing just a bit, too.
It's heart melting, really.
The hubs and I both just eat it up and we look so forward to hearing more out of this sweet little angel.
I've overheard the hubs whispering to Ms. A ... "I can't wait to meet you"..... meaning learn more about who she will become.... how her personality will develop ... what she will have to say.
It's mostly because we've been front and center to watching her sisters become little people and it's been such a privilege (and entertaining!).
Ms. A's big sisters sure seem to have endless love for her, too. Ms. K, in particular is definitely very concerned about her well-being. When Ms. A cries or seems unhappy - I often find Ms. K rushing toward her to try and bring comfort. She mimics me - and how I try to soothe Ms. A. It is so precious. I am trying to keep these moments in the memory bank forever. I have loved watching the big sisters just naturally show and have love for their new sibling. It's simply a miracle how that bond is innate.
As much as I was uncertain how adding a new baby into our mix would change things -- I feel as though it's only been wonderful change. She makes our days fly by because there is just so much to do!! :-) And - her sisters have come to realize .. they may just have to wait a minute for something they might need -- and that's OK.
These last two months have gone by so quickly and as I've said before -- I'm feeling so blessed to get to inhale this newborn experience on a more laid back scale. I am finding so much joy in the moments I know will come and go ... long before I'm ready.
Happy TWO MONTH birthday, Ms. A. It's such a gift to be your mama and I could not be more thankful for YOU and the joy you bring to my life.
(and little sister you will always be, my love)
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!





So sweet, adorable and precious! I love reading how everything if falling into place and that everyone is loving what Ms A is bringing to your family. Continue to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post...and a beautiful family, of course!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear that things feel so "right". And I can only imagine the different perspective and appreciation you must have this second time around. Enjoy it!!! :)