Thursday, May 10, 2012

Sock buns, sunshine and summertime!

I'm typically not one to plaster my face on my blog .. but, I feel compelled to share today... just in case it might help a fellow BUSY mama!

Several months ago I watched a few tutorials on the "sock bun curl" method.

I'd never heard of "sock bun curls" prior to this and it intrigued me because it was supposed produce curls without using heat or being too much work.

I thought it sounded too good to be true, to be honest!

I passed the information on to my sister in hopes she could try it on my niece, but then kind of tucked it in the back of my mind.

Until last night when I decided to give it a whirl.  I watched another tutorial online to brush up on the technique.

I must say .. the first attempt at putting my hair in the sock bun was a little sketchy, but on the 2nd try I felt like I had accomplished the task and was satisfied.

And then I went to bed.

Woke up this morning - sock bun still in tact ... and started the day with a bang as we always do around here.

It wasn't until about 11:30 that I had time to jump in the shower and then take my sock bun out to see the results.

Needless to say - the sock bun has CHANGED my life forever.

Heaven sent for this busy mama.

Likely my hairdo of choice going into the summer months.
When I first took out the bun - I gently combed out the curls (it was pretty curly, actually) and then quickly fixed a few curls in front with a hot iron.

But - that was it.

DONE!

Ready to face my day (and the public)!

It's easy to put the bun in at night - run through the shower in the morning and still have decent hair without having to spend much time on it.

For some it might even be more curl than you might want - but it would also be cute to pull back in a curly ponytail.  And - the curl definitely loosened up as the day progressed, but it certainly has not lost it's curl as some other methods I have tried (heat rollers, etc).

There's no need for me to do a tutorial for you -- as they are all over the Internet.  Just google it!

This would be perfect for both working mama's who are trying to hustle out the door in the morning - as well as SAHM's who are trying to look presentable as they head out for summer activities with their tykes.  ALL mama's are busy and have very little time to fuss over their hair!

Speaking of heading out the door .... we had to get outside today to soak in some of the brilliant Seattle sun.

It's pretty rare around here -  so we indulged in a big dose of vitamin D!
Playing in the dirt was the activity of choice.... well, not mama's choice, but oh well!
This was Ms. A's first real dose of direct sun. Girl already knows the art of sunbathing!
Anyway -- just had to share my "sock bun story".  I would think this would work on most hair types -- and I would highly suggest giving it a try to see if it might work for you!

It could just change your life ... ;-)

Time for naps around here!

Thankfully all three naps are lining up right now - adding more SUN to this mama's day!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


3 comments:

  1. I used to do that when my hair was your length. I loved it! Your girlies...all of them...are precious as ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous!! I have tried the sock bun method and it made my hair all crazy looking! Maybe I need to try again. But I have thick, already curly when wet, type hair. So maybe that's my problem :( Yours looks FANTASTIC!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my your hair looks AMAZING! I tried the sock bun today actually and I think my hair is too thin :(

    ReplyDelete