When you have three babes under the age of three ... let's face it -- mother's day is pretty much like most other days.
Up early - hubs out the door for work - 3 girls needing my attention at the same time -- and mommy, well, just tired.
It's reality .. it's a "Mothers" day -- the same things that make up most of our days.
I have no doubt -- the breakfasts in bed, massages, shopping days (alone!), and homemade cards are in my 'mothers day' future -- but this year ... I got an even more precious and memorable gift.
I'll set the stage:
It had been somewhat of a hairy morning for me with the hubs at work and the girls waking up on the wrong side of the bed.
The hubs finally arrived home, we fed the girls lunch (pb & j - fancy I know!) and were going to put them down for an early nap.
They were on to us -- and scurried downstairs to "hide" from pending naps.
As the hubs and I approached Ms. K's room - where they had conveniently "hidden" with the door closed behind them... we could hear them playing.
We quietly opened the door just a crack to peek in.
And there is was -- my mother's day gift, 2012!
Two sisters ... chattering away ... playing make believe with everything in sight ... and getting along beautifully - as I absolutely know they can.
We stood there for about 5 minutes just soaking it all in.
They were working (playing) together .. toys scattered all about the room and just genuinely enjoying each other's company.
There is no better gift .... and I'm certain there will never be.
To see my girls together -- their relationship unfolding before my eyes -- is all the gift I will ever want.
It's ingrained in my mind forever and brings me to tears knowing this special relationship (eventually between 3 sisters) is going to carry them a long, long way in their lives.
When you have the love of family -- it's all you will ever need. Believe me - I know this for sure.
After quietly watching them for awhile -- it was time to interrupt and put them down for that much needed nap.
After naps we packed up and set out for Green Lake ... a beautiful and busy area to walk and take in the Seattle sunshine.
Packing up may or may not have included a dead battery in the van (mama left the lights on!) and a flat tire on the jogging stroller, but hey -- daddy to the rescue and we were back on track!
It's just more examples - in this season ... "Mothers Day" is far from "storybook" -- but it's real and raw and it's all of these things combined that made up my mother's day this year.
Which also included bribing the girls with gummy bears for a photo ... which clearly didn't bring out any smiles!
Can't you just hear me ... "Oh please girls ... just one picture for mama".
Nope! Look at those sad faces!
They weren't having it - gummy bears or not!
Well - except for Ms. A -- she was completely obliging! Thank you Ms. A!
Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day -- and -- if not "quite" as you'd pictured it in your mind .. at the very least I hope it was memorable like mine!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


No comments:
Post a Comment