It's really quite clear that Ms. K is picking up on many of my 'ahem' behaviors....
It makes me laugh and cringe at the same time -- hearing her repeat some of the things I say to them.
It's like hearing myself, at times...
For example ... in order to coax the girls out of their jammies and into their clothes in the morning ... I often say their jammies are dirty and I need to wash them. It usually works like a charm with Ms. K - as she seems fixated on things that are dirty.
Many mornings, now, she will wake up and immediately say her jammies are "dirty" and want to be changed!
Ha!
She'll repeat .. "mama wash em" until I put them into the laundry area.
She is also quite concerned when there is a "mess" on the floor.
She sees me sweeping and vacuuming a lot - and so if she comes upon a mess on the floor she is quick to point it out to me.
"Mess, mama, mess".
Last night the hubs dropped some food on the floor and she could not get over the "mess".
Ha!
She has also picked up on my constant reminder for the girls to be "quiet" while their sister is napping.
Ms. K will {quite loudly} tell Ms. R to "BE QUIET".
Funny thing is ... Ms. K is screaming at Ms. R to be quiet.
Ms. K also likes to tell Ms. R she needs a "time out" and will count ... 1, 2, 3 (like we do) if she thinks Ms. R is being naughty.
On the flip side -- Ms. K also scurries to get Ms. R's blanket or juice if she is hurt or sad (or in trouble!!).
Oh dear Ms. K......
She often prances around our house like she is IN CHARGE!!
She is certainly starting to live up to that "first born" role.
I can see this getting quite interesting.....
:)
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Oh our girls are so similar. I tell my girls their jammies need a bath and now they take them and put them in the basket(I take them out later Ha!) for me. They also are crazy about cleaning up messes. My swiffer has turned into their "vacuum." They love following behind me while I vacuum to "help you Moma!!"
ReplyDeleteI just cackle to hear my girls talk to each other, like I do to them.
ReplyDeleteWhat's most hilarious to me is to hear one "discipline" the other, like you said, when she's doing the same thing herself! HA!
And it was so incredibly sweet this morning...B fell and was actually hurt (not just a crocodile cry [although nothing terrible]). Her sister got there before I did, and she cradled B's head to her chest, just like I would. I seriously could have cried! :)
So very sweet to hear what your girls are doing!