I ran across this sweet story and wanted to share.
A baby asked God, "They tell me you are sending me to earth tomorrow, but how am I going to live there being so small and helpless?"
"Your angel will be waiting for you and will take care of you."
The child further inquired..."But tell me, here in heaven I don't have to do anything but sing and smile and be happy."
God said... "Your angel will sing for you and will also smile for you. And you will feel your angel's love and be very happy."
Again the child asked, "And how am I going to be able to understand when people talk to me if I don't know the language?"
God said, "Your angel will tell you the most beautiful and sweet words you will ever hear, and with much patience and care, your angel will teach you how to speak."
"And what am I going to do when I want to talk to you?"
God said, "Your angel will place your hands together and teach you how to pray."
"Who will protect me?"
God said, "Your angel will defend you even if it means risking it's life."
"But will I always be sad because I will not see you anymore?"
God said, "Your angel will always talk to you about Me and will teach you the way to come back to Me, even though I will always be next to you."
A that moment there was much peace in Heaven, but voices from Earth could be heard and the child hurriedly asked,
"God, if I am to leave now, please tell me my angel's name."
God said, "You will simply call her, 'Mom'".
~Author Unknown.
I couldn't be the mama I am ... without the endless "good job mama" I often hear from those who have gone before me.
The love and listening, support and encouragement I receive is nothing short of amazing.
I thank God for my (last living) Grandmother.... literally "GRAND" beyond measure.
My Aunt D. - who is more of a mother than she'll ever know.
My kind and giving Mother-in-law, who supports us through each season of our lives and who has raised her only son to be an amazing, loving, giving husband, father and provider.
My sister ... who has ALWAYS paved the way for me and continues to be a role model for me as a young mother.
My special "mothering friends" who have provided endless support through many ups and downs in my life (you know who you are... HE, MZP, BS). Love you girls!
And - most certainly ... "my MOM" .... the angel God asked to guide me through life and now through my own motherhood. She was waiting (patiently) for me on the day of my birth and has not left me feeling alone for one moment since. I strive, daily - to live up to her example and to give my own children the kind of mother I've had. And at the end of my life .. if I have done that I will feel very proud.
It is because of all of these beautiful women in my life ... I can celebrate mother's day with a big smile in my heart. Each and every one of them helps me carve out and continue to create the mother I want to be. It's a work in progress and I could not do this alone. Nor, would I want to. Motherhood is a sisterhood and I am so thankful to be a part of this magnificent group of women. I truly feel so blessed.
And, to end with a smile -- I couldn't help but love this definition:
Mother
{Muh-th-er} `noun
1. One person who does the work of twenty. For free.
Happy Mother's Day ~~ enjoy (our) special day!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment