Thursday, June 14, 2012

Daughters & Doughnuts - Double Date!

When my mom was here back in March for Ms. A's birth - we visited a little bakery in town.  It was just the two of us (well, technically three with Ms. A) after church - and we found it quite appropriate to stop for "coffee and doughnuts" on that sunny Sunday morning.  We enjoyed a treat as we basked in Ms. A's newborn beauty.

Since that time -- I've been wanting to take the girls there.  I knew they would enjoy the cute atmosphere -- and especially the doughnut - as it is a very rare treat.

The hubs very unexpectedly (as in this morning) found out he didn't have to work today.  Talk about a treat!! Anyway - I decided it was the prefect morning to take the big girls on a little breakfast date and daddy and Ms. A could stay home for some bonding of their own.

I told the girls we'd be going out for a breakfast treat when they woke - they were excited and waited patiently for me to get ready to go.

We set out ... and they both walked so nicely up the big hill to the van.  It amazes me, lately, how very cooperative they CAN be in certain situations. Gives me hope!

Anyway -- when we walked into the doughnut shop they feasted their eyes on this array of yumminess!
So many choices -- but they both decided on the same exact kind!

Cake doughnut, pink frosting with SPRINKLES!

Yum!

They dug right in!

And, I heard nary a peep out of them for the next 15 minutes! Apparently doughnuts are serious business!


But I'm pretty sure (if they would of had a free hand) -- it would have gotten a big thumbs up!

Ms. K took a break -- to look over some reading material provided by the bakery.  She seemed quite interested. :)
And then it appeared their little tummies were growing full - so we wrapped up the remains to enjoy later.
Meanwhile -- mama enjoy a rare treat of her own! A FULLY caffeinated cup of yummy coffee.  Rare, because I don't drink caffeine (much) while nursing.  But - after several nights of less than enough sleep ... I decided to indulge!  YUM!
Outings like this seems to be happening a little more frequently.  I'm finally starting to feel like I have a handle on taking them (sans stroller) out and about for a treat without worrying about the chaos of it all.  I certainly miss my babies -- but experiencing their growth and seeing how much they enjoy doing "big girl" things -- also makes me appreciate where we are right now.

Having three daughters will likely come with certain challenges (perhaps in the teenage years!!!), but I so look forward to many mommy/daughter dates....and in my mind - the more simple, the better....it's all about enjoying our time together.

Oh - and, of course, we brought a yummy treat home for daddy, too.  We didn't leave him out completely!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. I love everything about this post. I so know the awesome feeling of those mommy-daughter dates...the pride when things go (relatively) smoothly...the awe at how big our kiddos are becoming.

    And I love the pictures of your girlies diving into those doughnuts! So stinkin' sweet!!! :) :)

    Glad you all enjoyed the treat!

    ReplyDelete