Well, it's Saturday morning - daddy's off to work and we are on day 3 of trying to keep our heads above water with sick girls. :(
I think I might go a little NUTS if we can't at least leave the house today.... even for just a drive.
Thankfully Ms. K and Ms. R slept a decent amount last night -- woke with fevers again, but perhaps a little better than yesterday.
The girls [hopefully} hit their lowest point on Thursday, late afternoon.
It was after naps -- and we checked Ms. R's temp as she was looking pretty bleak.
104.2
Yikes.
We gave her a dose of IBU and tylenol to try and bring it down quickly.
Ms. K seemed OK - but I thought we better check her, too.
104.1
What?
Both of them with super high fevers at the same time?
Meds for Ms. K .... and we wait.
The temps came down slowly, but their moods have been rough to say the least.
When one seems to rally, the other crashes and burns.
Yesterday brought up and down moods and temps all day long.
Fortunately the hubs rescued me {big time} on Thursday and was home at a decent time yesterday, too.
He works this weekend so I'm hoping for no major crisis to pull him away from home for long.
I've quickly learned -- what I thought was difficult -- (caring for 2 sick toddlers) has become almost the impossible with trying to care for Ms. A, too.
Impossible doing it alone, anyway.
Talk about your heart being pulled in three different directions.
Thankfully Ms. A's escaped most of this - although she's definitely fighting a cold/cough of her own. No fever for her -- but she's been coughing a lot during naps/nightime... poor little babe subjected to all of these toddler germs.
Nothing we can do, I know.
Anyway - just wanted to update ... and say thanks for the love and prayers.
The hubs and I are both feeling some of the symptoms, too, and just praying we don't go into full blown sickness like the girls have.
We have a lot to do this weekend between packing and trying to get the house in order for the owners who are coming by on Monday morning at 9am.
They've not been here in almost a year - and are coming with a realtor so they can list their home for sale - so we want it to look really nice for them.
Going to be interesting to shape this place up in the midst of all of this, but thankfully we're a team and we will find a way.... despite being tired and SICK of sick kids -- the hubs and I manage to hold it together, and try to laugh when we'd rather cry and that is the silver lining for me.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!


Poor Mama! I understand the trial two sick babies can bring to the table. I'll keep praying that you are able to find the strength to pull through and you just keep holding that head up and pushing on. It'll pass by soon. Take care!!
ReplyDeleteWe've been out of town for a couple of days, and I'm just catching up a bit. I'm so, so sorry to hear how full your hands have been these past few days! I sure hope this little note finds you all on the road to recovery. Thinking of you!!!
ReplyDelete