Thursday, June 07, 2012

Keeping it real.

5am - I hear Ms. A stirring ... time to feed her?
5:15am - Start feeding Ms. A - hear Ms. R crying, no wait - SCREAMING.
5:20am - wait to see if Ms. R continues (she does this quite a bit) but she does so hubs goes down to check it out.
5:30am - hubs returns with a naked Ms. R - her bed soaked with pee, and she's HOT - running a temp.
5:45am - administer meds, hubs goes to strip Ms. R's bed, I finish feeding Ms. A and we attempt to get Ms. R to settle into bed with me.
6am - Hubs showers, puts Ms. R's bed sheets and BLANKIE (which she can't sleep without) into the dryer after running them thru the "quick wash"...and then he leaves for work.
6:30am - Ms. R sleeping, but restless -- and of course sleeping right on top of me making it impossible for me to see the monitor to check on Ms. K.
7am - I hear Ms. K is awake - so I gingerly move my body from under Ms. R and pray she doesn't wake (first victory of the morning).
7:05am - head downstairs to get Ms. K - leaving Ms. A and Ms. R upstairs sleeping.
7:10am - get Ms. R's coveted blankie out of the dryer and go in to find a very crabby Ms. K waiting in her crib.  She refuses to get out for about 15 minutes, but I quickly fold laundry and consider it a blessing as perhaps her presence upstairs will wake the other two.
7:30am - we head upstairs ... turn on "Strawberry Shortcake" for Ms. K while I scurry up to check on the others.
7:45 - Ms. R still feeling pretty warm, but she's sweating -- breaking her fever, I think.  Ms. A still sleeping like an angel.  Thank God.
7:50am - come back downstairs to find Kenna playing with my phone. I attempt to text hubs to see if he gave Ms. R IBU or Tylenol before he left - I think she needs another dose of something.
8am - after no response from hubs - I realize my phone is .. DEAD.  I can't get it to do anything - even turn on or off.  DEAD as a doornail.  Perfect.
8:15am - email hubs about my phone, hear both Ms. A and Ms. R waking -- in fact, Ms. R now screaming.
8:20am - get Ms. R up - she is drenched in sweat and very unhappy.  Get her to take some meds and juice, but she's fighting me taking her temp.  At least she's fighting and not limp.
8:25am - get Ms. R positioned on the couch -- hear Ms. A waking and needing to be fed, NOW.
8:30am - start feeding Ms. A - both big sisters whining .. "don't feed her".
8:35am - big sisters both stripping out of jammies and diapers - and now freezing because they are naked and need warm clothes. Baby not done nursing.
8:40am - run downstairs to get clothes for the big girls - leaving Ms. A unhappy and not full.
8:45am - return to dress big sisters and notice hives all over Ms. K's tummy. Ms. R's had hives over the last week, but this is new for Ms. K.
8:50am - dress both girls and get them situated back on the couch.
8:55am - attempt to finish feeding Ms. A - while doing so discover that perhaps she now has the pink eye  her sisters have had (and I think I have now, too).
9:15am - finish feeding the baby .. look over to find the big sisters content on the couch ------- and take a deep breath....
9:30am - write this blog quickly - girls still {fairly} content... guess it's time to start packing before the next round of h*** breaks lose.

Just keeping it real over here....and trying to keep myself from going INSANE without my precious cell phone.

How's your morning been?

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. Aw sounds like a not so fun morning. I hope your day got better.

    ReplyDelete