I spend my days gushing over you baby girl.
When we're in Target .. you'll find me bent over the shopping cart kissing your pretty little lips over and over again.
Really, I do this stuff.
I can't seem to get enough of you.
Go ahead - call me "that" mama who loves to brag up her baby.
That's my job if you ask me.
To make you understand just how special you are.
And how much we love you.
YOU ARE AMAZING my sweet child.
I could hug you and smooch you and smother you in love all the days of my life.
Your physical development is what stands out this month.
You are busy! Motoring around at lightning speed.
We're often heard saying... "Where's Ayla"... because at times... we lose you.
Your curiosity takes you places perhaps you shouldn't be.
But perhaps your parents should baby-proof a little better, too.
You are able to stand up from the sitting position and balance for 5-10 seconds at a time. You are very stable on your feet, now.
Not walking, YET, but very capable of pushing walker toys. You picked that up in 10 minutes, flat.
You are so incredibly proud of yourself as you maneuver around. We are proud of you too!
You can climb two flights of stairs in a matter of seconds - stopping to look back less and less each time.
You love to play ball. I've enjoyed this so much. We sit on the floor and roll it back and forth. You are quite coordinated, too. You can hold the ball in one hand and toss it up in the air. You find this hilarious.
You are highly entertained by your big sisters, but when they are at school you are easily able to make your own fun. You will play on the floor for an hour without much of a peep.
In the last week ... you've begun to find some mischief.... and I've started to gently tell you, "no".
To my absolute shock - you've been responding by shaking your head back and forth (as if you are also saying no).
I melt every time you do it.
Because it's darling and it's almost as if you know it's cute.
Along with that - you've learned to put both arms up in the "SO BIG" position.
And just today - you started making motions that mimic waving. Opening and closing your little palm.
Absolute sweetness.
You have learned to cover your own eyes and play peek-a-boo with us. You'll use your hands or blankets, toys .. whatever you can find and initiate the game with us, now. It's so fun to see you cover your eyes and then find pure joy when you PEEK through at us.
You continue to eat so well. Still nursing about 4-5 times/day, but eating 3 solid meals as well. You eat a wide variety of foods. Easy to please, my love.
A closeup of your growing {light brown} hair. It's gets all crazy after your bath.
As fast as you are growing and changing - I feel as though I've been able to watch the process in slow motion - compared to when your sister were this age.
I've gotten the chance to really focus on your day by day development.
And let me tell you - I believe in the grace of God more than ever.
To be blessed with such a curious, silly, fast-moving, belly laughing, bright-eyed, healthy baby girl tells me that God is working miracles all the time.
You are my living proof.
Over the holidays, when I was down and out with my ailing back, I was unable to lift or really hold you for about a week.
It was torture. You weren't feeling very well and it was extremely difficult for me to have to standby.
You are a mama's girl, it's true -- and I missed holding you close and am thankful to have you back in my arms.
Today, your 10 month birthday, was a special day for me.
I had you all to myself all day.
We played and napped and went on a little mother/daughter shopping date.
It was my definition of the perfect day.
We came home in time for dinner, more play and the Vikings playoff game.
We were so busy - your usual bedtime came and went .... we were having so much fun I didn't want our day to end.
I knew the very moment I said goodnight - I would miss you.
And it's true - I'm already eagerly awaiting your beautiful morning smile.
It's how I get to start every single day.
I just peeked in on you now..... you are sleeping soundly.... recharging your batteries to start anew tomorrow.
That's what is so awesome about being your mama..... I get to do this all over again tomorrow... and the next day.
And - as much as I loved today and wish I could freeze time.... I know we have so many mama/daughter dates in our future... that will include both shopping trips and Vikings games!
TOUCHDOWN!!
I don't care who you are ... THAT IS CUTE.
Ten months of LOVE and going strong!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!





Obey goodness! I could eat her up she's so precious!
ReplyDeleteLove this post. She is so beautiful and happy! I'm getting the urge to try & find out how soaking it in w/ 1 at a time is instead of crazy twin-ness but I'm a tad scared. You make it all look so easy! :)
ReplyDelete