Wednesday, January 23, 2013

What's been going on.

Hello followers,

It's a balmy 8 degrees this morning.

Felt as though we were stepping out into the tropics, compared to the -12 (-30 with windchill) on Monday when I dropped the girls off at school.

I've had a bit of a blogging dry spell the past week due to flying solo - aka: the hubs has been at a work conference in a FAR less frigid local. ;)

As much as I've had to go at it alone with the hubs' busy schedule over the years, I am in AWE of single parents who do this all day every day.  They are rock stars I tell ya.

The hubs returns TODAY... hopefully in time to fetch the girls from school.

Oh will they dance with joy when their eyes lock in on him.

That's the big difference in his absence now, compared to when they were babies.

They NOTICE he is away.

They ask for him often.

We said he was at the "ocean".  That seem to really fascinate them.. especially the idea of seashells upon his return.

We've sent many an iPhone pic to keep him up to date with our day to day.

The beauty of technology.... has also allowed us to see him via FaceTime.  That has been a lifesaver.

Due to the frigid temps and our attempt to avoid flu germs -- we've been home bound the entire time he's been gone (with the exception of preschool on Monday).

Whomever plans these tropical vacations conferences apparently forgot to check with MOI.

A week away from the family in the frigid and flu laced month of JANUARY?

Clearly this was not a mama's idea.

Clearly.

But, in all honesty the week has gone pretty well.

We had plenty of visitors.... which most certainly helped pass our time.

And - we had oodles of entertainment from our littlest one.

She is smack dab in the process of perfecting two very important baby milestones.

WALKING.....

And, saying .... "Ma Ma".

Very BIG week for our Ms. A!!

At exactly 10 months and 10 days -- she took 10 steps!!
Since then... she's come even further -- especially if I stretch my arms out prompting her to come to me.

So proud of her!! In just a short week she has learned to stand up on her own and start walking.

Yes, there are stumbles and falls, but she is definitely on her way to becoming a full-time walker!

To top that (in my book)... I have 3 very reputable witnesses to her CLEARLY saying "Ma Ma".

It's heart melting to say the least.

Last night at dinner I was tending to her sisters.  Her tray was empty and she wanted more.  After a few grunts and groans... she finally said ... Ma Ma!.... as if to remind me her tummy was not yet full.

We all squealed with delight!

We can't wait for daddy's return this afternoon so we can bring him up to date with what been going on, too!

We know he's enjoyed some fun in the sun, but it pales in comparison to the warm hugs from his three snuggle bugs.

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment