But - we are exhausted because we packed so much into 4 days and had so much fun doing it. And - the best news is that the girls did awesome being away from home and out of their element. I was worried about how they would sleep and if I would have times when I would stop and think we were away from home for too long. But - no - that was not the case!! And, in fact, our time went too quickly and I would like a "re-do"...it was THAT much fun! Please...can't we start the fun all over again??
It was a very unique weekend in that we were able to spend time with so much family - on both sides! What a precious memory. And - we even had one night when all of my siblings were home at my parent's house together. It is pretty rare for that to happen anymore and so it was cherished time.
Daddy had to work MOST of the weekend - but he was able to join us for a fun Saturday BBQ at Grandma and Grandpa G's house. He hadn't snuggled the girls in too many days so he was very anxious to see them.
Here's how the weekend went down...........in babbling form because that's all I got right now!
Thursday:
Pack, pack, pack, and pack the whole house.....drive, drive (babies sleep most of the way...ahhh), arrive, unpack, unpack, unpack the whole house....play, play....eat dinner......babes in bed....mommy gets gussied up for a night out with high school friends..........mommy out WAY too late, but had soooooooooo much fun!!
Friday:
Babes up....mommy tired.............Grandma and Grandpa let mommy sleep and take babes for a long walk....big group of high school friends and kiddos converge for a little impromptu play date (crazy busy kiddos - but so fun to see everyone)...nap, nap....trip to the ZOO.....dinner, bathe babes.....bonfire and beers outside with the fam. SO FUN!!
Saturday:
Up at at em' early....walk to Great Grandma's for playtime and visit with the fam, nap, nap while mommy packs up to head to BBQ with daddy's fam......drive to BBQ....hung out with LOTS of family and friends.....very, very warm....but stayed cool inside.....girls played so well....and Ms. K napped.....packed up to head back to G & G M's house......arrived LATE, but babes managed to sleep through the night. SO FUN!!
Sunday: Everyone up and out of the house for 9AM church.....babes looking so cute and getting many smiles from the congregation......out for breakfast with GG.......venture out for the babes first 4th of July parade.....back home for naps.....while mommy packed, packed, packed and packed up the whole house AGAIN......give hugs and smoochies......say our goodbyes (snif, snif) and motor on home......where daddy was waiting to tuck his babes into their own beds....but -- then....FIREWORKS start going off around 9:30 which meant we had two babes wide awake.....mommy very tired now....praying they go back to sleep........and they finally did.
Monday:
Babes up pretty early....EXHAUSTION........unpacking, laundry, cleaning......and hoping for a short day for daddy so we can have a little family time.
Did I forget anything?? I am sure I did....but overall I feel like it was a huge success. Of course - none of it would be possible if I didn't have so much awesome help. It was a team effort to say the least!!
Of course I always expect to capture all of these wonderful memories in photo form, but have a hard time finding time to actually take the pics. I have a few, though, and hope you enjoy!!
Can you see how tired the babes are at the parade??? They were almost comotose by this point. Such troopers!!
It was fun to see so many people throughout the long weekend - and again a big thanks for helping this mama feel a tad bit normal for a little while!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Love the pictures, glad you guys had a nice weekend!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your trip was a success!! Isn't it CRAZY how much you have to pack now?? Also, thanks for answering my question...good idea to change them in the living room...somehow that one never occurred to me!
ReplyDelete