Friday, July 23, 2010

Everything PLUS this kitchen sink...

It's cabin time!  We are heading to the lake for an entire week.  This is a long-standing tradition in my fam-damily.  We've been going to the same "area" for more then 32 years!!  Wow - that's a LONG time!

And - I am very excited, but also very exhausted from packing quite literally our ENTIRE house.  I know all you mamas can relate.  :-)

We've all be under the weather this week in our house and so my energy level has been nil.  I've been trying to pack a little bit each day, however.  But -- as well all know there is just "stuff" you can't pack until it's time to depart. 

So .. I currently have SIX separate lists going......

1.) Food list
2.) Baby "stuff" list
3.) Cabin essentials list
4.) Mommy's list
5.) Friday night list
6.) Saturday morning list

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway... it's a tad bittersweet.  The girls and I are very excited to spend the week bummin' on the beach, but -- Daddy has to work most of the week and won't be able to join us for more than 1 night.  Sigh...

OK - pickin' up my lip and gearing up for some wonderful family time.  I'll be taking a little blogger's vacation ... but I PROMISE pics when we return!!

Kind of feeling a little anxious about how the week will go.  I pray the babes will sleep peacefully while away from home.  That is always my number one concern. 

Speaking of anxious - it's wild to think back to one year ago when I was packing for our annual week at the cabin.  I was almost 8 months pregnant with my two babes and had absolutely no idea how much my life would change.  I remember it being a very lazy and laid back week .... I took it easy, ate well and slept a lot. 

My family had a baby shower for me while we were vacationing.  It was so much fun!


I have a sneaking suspicion that the words "laid back" will NOT be in this year's memory of our week at the lake.  With two crawling babes - we are gonna be on the move!

Now - back to packing that kitchen sink. 

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! I hope you have a lovely vacation by the lake. When I visited the States a few years ago we had the pleasure of joining some friends on one of these trips. It was awesome.

    Not too sure how the 'crawling babies' will fit into this pictur? Perhaps not so much time relaxing with a book?

    Our twins have camped though, when crawling, and it rained, and they were very dirty, but we all survived and had a great time!

    I look forward to hearing the stories when you return. Following from Multiples and More

    ReplyDelete