We are fortunate to get to spend some QT (quality time) with both sides of the family this holiday weekend. Plus - I am spending tonight with some of my FAVORITE gal pals from high school. CAN.NOT.WAIT!! The hubs is out of town right now and works some of the weekend so I've been on my own packing the past few days to try and make this venture go smoothly. Let's just say -- packing for two babes, a dog and MYSELF....well.....takes some strategic planning considering the kennel cab takes up 1/2 the truck bed in itself! Argh!!
Let's just say BB (before babes) I was never what you would call a "light packer"....so I am familiar with packing up the entire house for a weekend away. Let's just say I've gotten to the airport and had to pay that "EXTRA LARGE" luggage fee. Ooops! Now packing is slightly different...it includes things like baby bathtubs, gates, bumbo seats, white noise machines, diapers, bibs and the list goes on and on and on!
My #1 concern is that my babes sleep well while we are away. PLEASE DEAR LORD. We all know sleep makes the entire world go round and if we are all getting enough of that we can get through anything!!
So - a little hiatus from blogging til next week, but hopefully we have fun red, white and blue stories to share when we return!
Happy Independence Day!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Packing is such a feat for a couple of little ones, and I think one of the biggest challenges is that there are a lot of things that can't be packed until we're walking out the door...like high chairs, for example.
ReplyDeleteBefore kiddos, I always packed for my hubby. The first trip we took with the babies, I told him he was on his own. He almost literally didn't even know where the suitcases were. :)
And I'll never forget our trip to see family over Christmas. By the time we finally got all the babies' stuff loaded, there was NO ROOM for presents! I had to leave most of them at home. We saw our immediate family a couple of weeks later, when they came to our house for the girls' birthday party. But I still have 4 or 5 gifts upstairs!!!
Hope you have a great trip...smooth sailing and peaceful sleeping!
Yay!!! I'm super excited for you! I can't WAIT to hear all about traveling with the babies!!! I'm sure there are some extra hilarious tales to be told when you get back! I know you can't blog on the road, but keep some sort of journal to write the funny stuff down. I just pictured you packing up 2 bumbos, a bath tub, a huge double stroller, a couple of diaper bags, a box of diapers, a cooler of bottles...
ReplyDeleteHave fun! Packing sucks!!! ;)
ReplyDeletexoxo