Monday, August 02, 2010

It takes a village...

...to survive a week at the lake with two 10-month old (crawling) babes!

I've always loved the saying ... "it takes a village to raise a child". 


After our week at the lake -- I can say I have lived and breathed it!

It literally took ALL OF US (as you will see in the pictures!)........to make the world go round for the babes while we were away for a whole week.

It was an amazing week with lots of sun and fun!!  It was one of the most gorgeous weeks on record!

We laughed and swam and played and boated and ATE and giggled and swung and danced and LOVED life to the fullest!!

Here's a glimpse of our week in pictures....and there's "a lot" of them, but please don't fault me for the inability to narrow it down!!

Thanks to everyone for making it possible for us to be there!




















































































































































The beauty of the lake is breathtaking.

The beauty of FAMILY is love.

With very fond memories,
Cuz I'm the mama!!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, look at all that fun. Our vacations are similar to that. It takes the whole family to keep the little ones fed, cleaned, and happy. So do you need a vacation from you vacation now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would LOVE a vaca from the vaca!! :) I can't complain too much, though. The hubs and I had an overnight away on Saturday night. It was amazing!! I felt like a new woman and mom when I returned!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun!! I know what you are talking about when you say you need a vaca from the vaca! I experienced that when we took the kids to the river in June! Looks like everybody had fun...and it is a huge job to keep 2 little ones busy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great vacation! I LOVE it when lots of family is around. It's nice when there are other people there to entertain. I always like it because grandmas and grandpas and aunts and uncles always come up with something new to teach the girls that I haven't thought of. It's great! Glad you had such a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the pictures and the lake looks beautiful and so much fun! I always feel like it is a mini break when a bunch of family is around....more arms to hold babies and mama gets a little rest!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much family fun! You are lucky to have such a great family to share those babes with! And glad you had a great time AND got a little break! :)

    ReplyDelete