I am feeling a little bummed right now because I didn't take any pictures today. :-(
One of my absolute BEST friends (and her darling daughter) came to visit me and the babes this afternoon.
I am so grateful for her friendship.
Tears come to my eyes because I miss her so much. And - after spending time with her today I miss her more than ever.
We worked together for 4 years, but it seems like I've know her my whole life.
She just gets me....and all the silly, crazy things about me.
She is just one of those people you know will be there for you regardless of what may come between you.
For now - we are not working together because I am at home with my babes.
My heart is in two places, but I had to choose and I chose to stay home with my girls.
It doesn't mean I don't miss her and our daily (OK - hourly) chats....because I do....
She would stand in the doorway of my office and we would talk through everything...
She was there for my engagement, my wedding planning, our home building process and the most important time of all - my twin pregnancy.
She was always there.
It's very bittersweet for me - and I know she understands that I cannot be in two places.
There was never any pressure.
Only support.
It's called true friendship.
And that is why I love her.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
It is so great to have friends like that. You are doing the best thing for your girls by staying home and I envy you. It is good to take that time to spend with your friends and connect on that adult level!
ReplyDeleteI have a friend like that too. We've been friends for 16 years! We don't see each other much, talk more now because of facebook which is awesome. She lives only 30 minutes away, but our lives are just so different...but we still "get" each other, like you and your friend. I'm so glad you had a nice day with her!
ReplyDeleteOK, you made me cry. You are so sweet! I truly cherish our friendship! I know no matter what happens with work, we will always be in each other's lives. We had a fun day with you and the girls. Macy woke up this morning and asked if we could go see the girls again:-) Love Ya!
ReplyDeleteI have just a handful of really truly dear friends, and I just treasure them. One of my bests, from college, lives 250 miles away (close to my hometown). She was coming up to see me pretty regularly after the babies were born, but then she got pregnant herself!
ReplyDeleteIt just kills me that I haven't seen her baby yet, who is now FOUR months old! We both know it's just too hard with my two and her little one...but...we're stealing away this Saturday!
We're meeting in the middle between our towns - at a random exit on the highway - for lunch and coffee (sans kiddos). Then after a couple of hours, we'll turn around and go our separate ways. It will be a long day, certainly, but worth it 100 times over.
I always tell her she reminds me who "me" is, and that's just priceless.