Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 26...our personal prayer warriors!


Pictured above is Grauntie D (Great Auntie) and Gruncle C (Great Uncle) with the girls, of course.  The girls are about 6 or 7 weeks old in this picture.  So cute!!

The reason I am writing about D & C today is because they are like another set of parents to me and my siblings.  They have always been a huge part of our lives.  And, one of the biggest roles they have played is being our personal prayer warriors.  They are - undoubtedly - the most prayerful people I know.  And...if you ever need a prayer (like -- RIGHT NOW) they are the team to turn to. 

Throughout the past two years....we have indeed needed a lot of prayer.  When we first learned we were pregnant (with what we thought was ONE baby) they immediately stepped up the prayers.  And - when - we learned we were blessed with TWO babies - their prayers doubled in an instant.  During my entire pregnancy they continued to pray for us.

And then -while I was laboring ... I could physically feel the prayers coming from Grauntie and Gruncle.  It's hard to describe, but I felt overwhelming calm knowing they were at home praying for the safety of all of us as we waited for the arrival of our precious babies.

Since the babies were born - they have continued to pray for us.  They have prayed me, personally, through some very hard, hard moments.  Days where I wasn't sure I could get to the next minute let alone the next hour or day...

When the girls were baptized ... they collected and give us Holy water from the girl's baptismal font.  Since that time we have used the Holy water to bless the girls when they are not feeling well. 

I wanted to write about our personal prayer warriors today - because I am not sure they really know how much we rely on and appreciate all the intense praying they do for us.

Without ANY doubt - we would not have made it through these past few years without their amazing power of prayer. 

We love you and we thank you Grauntie and Gruncle!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment