Monday, August 16, 2010

De-NIAL...and I'm not talkin' bout the riva!!

I'm just going to go ahead and admit it -- I am in denial that you are 11 months old today.  The reason I am in denial, I believe, is because I am in COMPLETE denial that in one.short.month we will be celebrating being your mommy and daddy for ONE whole year.


When I say those words...write those words...and even THINK those words...I get goose bumps on my arms and I tear up.  I can't help it.  It's just what is happening right now.  I am more in love with both of you - my beautiful babes - every day.  You steal my heart with every single smile and giggle.  You have both become so much more interactive with each other and with us over this month and it has been pure JOY to watch. 

So....because I am so emotional about this...I've decided to keep this 11 month post short and sweet.  I know, I know -- that's a surprise because normally your birthday posts go on and on and on!!

In thinking back over the past month - a few things really stand out to me.

The first is how you have both stood unassisted.  Meaning.... you have let go of the couch or the highchair or the wall and just stood there.  ALL ON YOUR OWN!  Every time you do it I start counting to see how long it lasts.  It is so amazing to see you find balance on your own two feet.  We always squeal when it happens because we are so excited for you.  We know that this means you will be walking in the near future.  I am very excited for you, but a bit frightened for me.  :=)  I hope you go easy on me and perhaps not start walking on the same day!

The second thing that comes to my mind from this past month, and, most specifically this past week, is how much you are slapping each other when you become frustrated.  It started with Ms. R hitting Ms. K on the head, face and back.  But now Ms. K is slapping right back.  Not exactly sure how to handle this one girls.  Trying to redirect you as much as possible, but at times I kind of just sit back and let you work it out.  You are going to have to share toys for pretty much the rest of your lives.  So....you need to learn how to share and I guess that starts right now.  One day...after asking Ms. R not to hit Ms. K ---- she looked me straight in the eyes and did it again and even harder than the first time.  It's one of those moments that was completely naughty, but very hysterical to watch.  I had to walk away and giggle in private.  :-)

This has been a really fun month because you are turning into little people.  We marvel at your growth and development every day.  You are learning really fast and we find ourselves feeling so proud of every little thing you do.  Physically you are stretching out a little bit.  Some of the adorable "chub" is starting to melt away with all the crawling you are doing.  Ms. R has 5 (almost 6) teeth and Ms. K has 2 on the bottom.  You eat well, play hard and sleep pretty darn well most of the time.

It's is hard to imagine that I could actually love you more than I do today - but I know I will because the loves just keeps on growing.  My heart feels full right now, but I know I have more room. 

I have MAJOR party planning to do over the next month dear ladies.  As much as I can't believe you are turning one - I do believe it calls for a big celebration!! Time to party!!

We are honored to celebrate your 1st birthday, but we also want to raise a glass to surviving this first year as mommy and daddy!!  We didn't do it alone and we have so many people to thank!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. Good Lord they are SO cute!! Can you believe how fast this year has gone? I can't believe how quickly time flies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 months is such a cute age! What's amazing to me is how much MORE FUN our girls have continued to get...they're 19 months old now, and I SWEAR they learn at least a couple of new words / skills every.single.day!

    I was an emotional wreck the day of our girls' first birthday. I was actually kinda glad it was a Tuesday...I had them all to myself...and plenty of time to regroup before their weekend party. :)

    ENJOY those precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a sweet post. They just grow up so fast and change each and every day. I love the picture, our girls have the same dresses. Got to love Carters!!! Enjoy this last month before they turn 1 and I can't wait to hear about the party planning.

    ReplyDelete