Once upon a glorious day .... the girls both learned to hold their own bottles....
Or -- so I thought...it was a glorious day...
At that time....I was so happy....happy to be able to feed BOTH babies at the same time without as much struggle for me or for them. I am pretty certain I sent the above photo to daddy while he was at work ... I was THAT excited.
And -- at that time...it seemed like a such huge accomplishment.
But, now as we approach the end of using "bottles".... I wish I could take that all back....
I wish I could hold them individually ... rock them ... and feed them ... until they fell fast asleep in my arms...
You see...this is one of the many conflicts of having multiples....
It's hard to find those individual moments...
More common are the moments where the chaos of two hungry babies takes over-- and you try and find ways to cut corners so you can do things faster ... and more efficiently...
I was very proud on the day the girls "held their own" bottles...
But, today....I'd like to go back to the time when they needed me to feed them and me hold them...
Those days seem so precious...and so long ago...
Today...I think I'm really starting to feel the heartache that comes with watching your babies grow so fast -- and - if you don't consciously pause to enjoy it....it will be gone.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
I want my twins to hold their bottle so bad but then I realize that they are growing to fast and I get sad. The other day I tried putting them to sleep in the co-sleeper b/c I wanted to spend one night with them like that 1st week and it was a disaster. THey like sleeping in their own beds.
ReplyDeleteThat picture is so cute. But I know what you mean about them growing to fast. I'm excited for a first birthday party and all the fun to come but I'm sad he's grown up so fast already.
ReplyDeleteIts truly all in a blink of an eye.