We LOVE our tubs!!
I've written here before that we gave the girls a bath EVERY single night until very recently. It was part of our nightly routine and looking back I have very fond memories of tub time because it was often just me and the girls getting all spiffy and clean before daddy came home.
Initially we only had one (pink) tub and the girls would take turns taking a bath. But - we quickly realized it was a whole lot smarter to bathe them at the same time. They had more fun splashing and it was less work for us. So we bought another (blue) tub. Equally opportunity colors, we thought. ;-)
Every night around 6 o'clock I bathed them on our kitchen island. This continued until the squirming started and Ms. R slipped right out of the tub one night. Horrible!! After that - we've gone back to individual bathing. We also tried to bathe them in the bathtub upstairs, but so far we've had zippo - zero luck with that idea. They hate it. As in -- hate it so much -- they scream the entire time. So...now I bathe them whenever it strikes me. Could be 6am or 6pm or somewhere inbetween. Could be every day or every other day -- you just never know with this mama. :-)
Bath time has been special because we've had so many giggles and smiles from funny things the girls do while they are in the tub. They splash and squeal and have so much fun. It's usually quite a wet mess to clean up afterward, but it's worth it to see them so happy!
Here are a few bath time pics....we have many so I selected a random few...
Hope you enjoy!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Have you thought about bathing them in the big people bath? We switched our girls somewhere around 9 months if my memory serves me right. They love the big bath and being able to play right together. We give the girls their bath every night as well. I am scared to change it or ruin the routine but you give me hope that it can be done.
ReplyDeleteHey - we always put the baby tub in the big tub - that might help them transition to the big tub. Plus it keeps most of the water splashing in the big tub! :)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! My girls were the opposite...not fans of the infant tub but LOVE LOVE the adult tub where they play together...but I can only bathe them together when my husband is around to help! To many slippery wiggly babies that keep trying to stand up to handle on my own. I bathe them one at a time when I'm by myself!
ReplyDelete