What a year it has been!!
To lead up to the celebration of their birth -- I am doing a 30 day countdown!!
Each post over the next month will include highlights of our first year together. It will include things we needed for day to day survival, stuff we are very thankful for, silly memories, hectic times or just whatever I come up with. Some may be very short posts while others more in detail. I thought it might be fun to take a little trip down memory lane. :-) The posts will be in no particular order of significance. Whatever comes to my mind each day is what I will write about it. It will likely be somewhat random, but hopefully fun for everyone to take a peek back over the first year.
Day #30
For some reason when I think of the first hours and days the girls came home from the hospital -- I have one vivid image in my mind.
The SWINGS!!!! We would not have made it without the wonderful swings. The girls slept in them day and night until they were 4 months old. Looking back they saved us because it was the one place they would sleep without much struggle. Once they finally transitioned to their cribs we continued to use the swings for naps and for soothing.
And...to be honest -- even though the girls outgrew them several months ago......we only just (VERY) recently took them out of our living area. We could not bare to put them away. Daddy put the swings together far before the girls arrived and so they became a fixture in our home and we struggled to put them away. We spent countless nights lying on the couch watching them swing peacefully. It is ingrained in my mind forever and I love it.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!



I can't wait to read your 30 days of post. What a great idea!! :) Ours slept in swings too, and bouncers for the first 3-4 months...couldn't of lived without them!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute idea. I love this post.
ReplyDeleteThe girls are so absolutely precious in their little swings. So tiny. Ah, I miss those days, even though I love every stage. Those little cuddly newborn stages are so precious!
What an awesome idea. Those pictures are the cutest things ever!!!! The swings saved our lives with our girls as well. They slept in them for the first few months as well. That would be my advice for any other new twin mom! I can't wait to read more in the next 29 days!!!
ReplyDelete