Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 20...GRANDparents!

Today's post is dedicated to the girl's wonderful, giving and loving - GRANDparents!!  We are so blessed to have all 4 grandparents close by and a BIG part of our lives. 

And - to be completely honest - when I thought about doing this 30 day countdown series....Grandparents were one of the very first ideas that came to my mind.  Because - we absolutely, completely, without ANY doubt, would not have made it this far without THEM.  Period.  End of story!!

On we go!!

Let's start with GRAND-pas!!


First up - Papa R. This man is talented beyond words. He is always on hand to help us with the ongoing process of home ownership - inside and out. He is truly able and willing to build anything. And - he has built and constructed many things in our home. I just recently did a post when he built baby gates for us! Priceless. Papa R may be good with building and fixing, but he is a real softy at heart. When he walks through our door and takes one look at his granddaughters - he instantly melts. You can just see it in his eyes. Even if he is here to work on a "project" ... he first takes time to get down on the floor - eye to eye - with the girls and snuggle with them. He can't get enough snuggles.  He loves Ms. K and Ms. R to bits and we are so thankful that he shares all of his talents with us!


Next - Grandpa C.  Grandpa C wears many hats in this family.  One very important hat is that of "personal photographer" for the girls.  Oh my - let me just tell ya....if he hadn't started taking pictures when I was pregnant and from the moment the girls were born - we wouldn't have ANY!!  He has beautifully documented their lives to this point and we are so grateful.  Another hat he wears is "personal chauffeur" to Grandma P.  He is always ready and willing to jump in the car and drive to see and or stay with us.  Grandma C doesn't like to drive in the "big city" and so she needs a driver! Grandpa C is perfect for this job!!  Grandpa C also makes many, many trips to the grocery store for Grandma P.  She is always cookin' up something and she needs ingredients.  Grandpa C is always on hand for trips to the store!  It's pretty special to observe - but you can tell he has a very close connection with the girls.  When he walks into the room (and takes off his hat) they both burst into smiles!!  They love when he makes funny noises.  They giggle and giggle at him!

Moving on to GRAND-mas!!


You can always count on Grandma J is to be a few steps ahead of all of us.  She is a "thinker" and she always seems to have ideas and plans for how to make life easier on all of us.  We appreciate that so much.  She is always willing to help us with ANYTHING....really .... I mean ANYTHING.  She is up for everything from taking care of the girls, the dog, sweeping our garage floor, shopping at Lowes, planting flowers, home improvement projects...you name it - she will do it.  She is always available on a moment's notice and I recall a few times last winter when she literally was here - in a moment - when I needed her most.  She traveled in some nasty snowstorms to get here, too.   She came once per week for many months so that I could get much needed sleep.  She would get up with the girls throughout the night and give such a thorough report in the morning.  Thank you Grandma J for all you have done to get us this far!!!


Last but certainly not least - Grandma P!!  Seems like she's been our personal chef since before the girls arrived.  She loves to feed people - and especially a nursing mama and a tried daddy!! Every time she and Grandpa C arrive they have food in hand - for sure.  And .. now she is enjoying feeding the little girls, too.  She is a busy, busy bee when she is at our house.  She cleans, cooks and does laundry and who knows what else!! I say that because when she is here she is like a little tornado moving through the house.  We don't mind, though.  We appreciate it so much.  She is always telling me to go to bed and when I get up in the morning it's like the fairy has sprinkled dust throughout the house making things look perfect.  She and Grandpa C also came once a week for many months so that I could sleep at night.  Looking back - those night were absolutely priceless.  I am so thankful for my mom - Grandma P!!

Looking back over the past year - saying "thanks" seems trivial in comparison to the sacrifices you have all made to make our lives easier.  I can hear you all saying that you don't see it that way .... but truly, thank you for all that you are and all that you continue to be in our crazy lives! 

WE ARE SO BLESSED!!

ps. I can't believe we are down to 20 days til the girls turn ONE!!  Starting to feel the emotions take over...

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mama,
    I am the friend of Grandma P. and your post this time (as with a few others) brought me to tears. Your little sweeties (and you and hubs) are so lucky to have your parents. There are very few of us that have both parents able and willing to help and be so unique in their talents. Your posts are special.
    BaxterAnnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. I think I might have to steal this post for a future post on my blog. It is comforting to know we have many people who love our twins and can be there to help with anything.

    ReplyDelete