Sunday, August 08, 2010

Fast Forward...

... ahead five years from now and I will be getting my peanuts ready to start Kindergarten.  That seems completely unreal to me.

But, then, I look at my precious niece who is about to start the 1st grade in a few short weeks.

That seems just as unbelievable.

Time doesn't stop for anything and I need to remind myself that every single day.

This weekend I had the privilege to slip out and away from the babes for a few hours and partake in some "school shopping" with my niece, Ms. H.

It's was our 2nd annual trip and boy did we shop til we dropped!!
She seemed so much more grown up this year.  It's amazing how much she learned in Kindergarten.  She saved her own money over the summer and wanted to spend it on "accessorizing" her wardrobe!! Oh my gosh - does that sound like a 1st grader or what??

It was so cute.  She was very serious about paying with her own money.  I will never forget how precious she was.
I have to admit I often find myself pushing the "fast forward" button in my mind.  I try to imagine what our girls will be like when they are her age.  I wonder what they will say....how they will act...what they will wear...and how I will feel when they are old enough to start Kindergarten and 1st grade. 

I am sure I will be a puddle of tears and chain them (together) to our front porch ... not being dramatic either!

For now - I thank God for the experiences my sister and niece allow me to share with them.  I have learned so much from them both and it helps to calm my fears about how fast our girls will grow.  I know it will be OK...because I have learned this from watching Ms. H turn into such a sweet young girl.

At the end of the shopping trip....Ms. H insisted on buying a little something (with her own moooola) for her brother. 

That was my very favorite part of the whole day because it tells you what kind of kid Ms. H really is.

I say prayers my babes will follow in her (VERY CUTE) shoes.  :-)

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama and the lucky auntie!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun trip. Your niece sounds like such a sweetheart.

    I often find myself wonder what our girls will look like when they are older and how they will act, (and of course, what they will be wearing). It is hard not to do that but we also realized how fast that time will fly by and we will be wondering what happened to our cute little babies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same...and I know I shouldn't but its hard isn't it? I need to sit back and enjoy the "now" not the future!

    ReplyDelete