The girls started "sitting" in them at about 6 or 7 weeks old. Clearly they were too little to actually sit up in them, but it was so darn cute!! I am finding it so amazing (as I look back through pictures) just how much the girls looked alike in the early days. Now - they look so different from each other!
I can vividly remember the first few days we started using the famous BUMBO chairs. When guests would come over I would strategically place the girls on the kitchen island so they would see them right when they walked through the door!! It was such a hoot!! We could not believe these little people sitting in these silly chairs! And -- it brought us all so many smiles!!
We continued to use these chairs for just about EVERYTHING under the sun. And, we actually fed the girls in the BUMBO's when they first started eating rice cereal. We continued to do so until we finally bought highchairs just a few months ago. It was a bit sad when we stopped using them. We just loved our BUMBO's!
We've even used the BUMBO chairs to entertain the girls outside. :-)
We can safely say these chairs are an amazing invention. I know they haven't been around all that long, but whoever came up with the idea is a GENIUS (and rich)!! They are so easy to use, travel with and CLEAN. A bonus for any busy mama!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
I love those bumbo pics!!! They look very similar to some of ours. I loved when their heads just slumpted to the side like that. We used the heck out of ours also. I just recently sold them - so sad. :0 I love how your girls have several of the same outfits my girls have/had.
ReplyDeleteThey really did look alike back then! My two are actually looking a tad more alike NOW...they were night and day as babies (and still are, really!). We loved the bumbos too, I've got pictures of the girls in front of the Christmas tree in ours! The 30 day countdown idea is a great one!
ReplyDeleteAt 19 months old, our girls STILL love their Bumbos! Most of my friends can't believe we still have our Bumbos in rotation, but the girls drag them all over the den and sit in them by themselves. They will sometimes pull up their Bumbos for me to read to them...it's too cute! We do have to be careful, though, as Baby B once stacked the Bumbos on top of each other to climb onto a chair...genius, but dangerous! HA!
ReplyDeleteMine hated those! Abby really did. Alex would sit for a bit, but not to long. Cute pictures!
ReplyDeleteOMG, they are so cute! I have a twin sister & she is my best friend. Nothing is like that special bond you have with your twin sister. We are both 29 & just had our first babies - BOTH boys. Our babies are 2 months apart & we had a double baby shower. Our mom was very excited, haha! Twins are so special & your girls will have a special bond for LIFE!
ReplyDeleteBonnie :)
Bonnie's blog:
www.thebrownfamilyblog.com
Becky's blog:
www.terenceandbecky.com