Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 27...banana bread!


True Fact: My mother is the master at making loaves and loaves and loaves of banana bread.  If you know my mom - you've had her bread.  It's DE-licious!

After the girls were born she routinely brought us food (and still does!).  And... bb (banana bread) was ALWAYS a staple!!  She would bring a loaf to eat right away and one for the freezer for backup. 

And - believe it or not - during those very sleepless newborn days -- sometimes it was all I could muster to eat.  We seriously used to eat an entire loaf in 1 day because it was there and it was easy.  Just spread the butta and you were good to go!!

The hubs and I (and now the girlies) have probably polished off AT LEAST 100 loaves in the past year.  I am not kidding. I wish I would have kept track!!

Now that the girls are gobbling up "real" food....they are partaking the the banana bread yumminess too!

 

And don't be mistaken - they are not about to share!!!

Banana bread --------- it's what keeps us fed!!!

Mmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmm!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

3 comments:

  1. I love the pictures...and the banana bread tradition carries on to yet another generation! :) :)

    (I love your 30 Days posts!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!!!! They are SO cute. They look like they are totally digging that banana bread!!! So glad you are digging the countdown! I've been slacking on mine too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum. I am so jealous. I don't get banana bread that often. I remember those days that I didn't get much to eat. At my house it was oatmeal cookies that helped with my lactation. I think banana bread would have been a tiny bit better for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete