For some reason today I was thinking of how many awesome things we've gotten to "celebrate" since the girls were born. And, I was thinking what a blessing it has been to share those celebrations with family, friends and my blog community. I think all the "firsts" were a big part of all the fun that happened this year. We've certainly had what seemed like long phases and stages along the way, but I think the "first celebrations" helped to even those out quite a bit. Typically - in the midst of a trying week that might have included sick or teething babies, diaper rashes, sleepless nights and a couped up mama we also had so much to celebrate!
Below is a list of some of the "firsts" I can recall off the top of my noodle!
Here we go!
First night @ home
First poopy diaper (yes....this was cause for celebration!!)
First smile
First bath
First laughter, giggles and cooing
First stroller ride
First head lift
First photo shoot
First holiday celebrations
First night away from home
First trip to Grandparents home
First day of school (ECFE)
First time rolling over
First time sitting up (without help)
First FULL night of sleep - woot,woot!!
First trip to TARGET with mommy!!
First tooth
First time eating solid food
First play date
First trip to the park
First time visiting daddy @ work
First word (da-da)
First crawl
First time standing in crib
First time standing up around furniture
First wagon ride
First wedding
First dancing to music
First pool party
First conversations (between babes)
First dairy queen treat
First SUMMER of fun!
First baseball game
First parade
First trip to the zoo
First trip to the beach
First vacation at the cabin
First boat ride
First time walking with walker toy
Wow!! This was so fun to reminisce about all of these amazing "firsts" for the girls!! With just a few weeks until their "first" birthdays - I am sure we'll have a few to add to the list from year #1.
I can't wait to see what is in store as we move into the second year of their precious lives.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
Don't you love all of those 1sts? It is so amazing to see those through the eyes of your children. I love the way they light up when they learn something new and the hugs and kisses they give you afterwards. Perfect post!!!!
ReplyDelete