Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 17...school rules!!

Today is a very happy day because I just registered our little peanuts for their 2nd year of Early Childhood Family Education!!  We are soooooooooooo excited. 

To refresh....last year we attended ECFE once per week for 1 hour. Thanks to my sister (Auntie J's) suggestion - we started when the girls were around 4 months old.  And, because I was a "twin mama" they made special accommodations to bring in a "helper" for us!  It was so generous of them and it made it possible for me to attend. When the girls were that age it was easy for me to hand one baby to the helper so that I could actually participate in discussions and activities.

Here we are pictured with our teacher, Ms. B and our helper Ms. M at about 6 months old!
Anyway...ECFE is definitely on my list of things I couldn't of survived without last year.  It was so nice to be able to get out of the house and socialize with other parents who were in my same boat. Well...not exactly my same boat (with twins) but at least connect with other brand new parents.

This year I am changing things up just a little bit.  I've decided to take the girls to separate classes.  They offered to bring in help for me again as they did last year, but the truth is - the girls are at a stage where they both want me - all of the time!  So....they offer a program called "sibling care".  How it works is I will take Ms. R to class one day and bring Ms. K to sibling care across the hall.  The next day I will switch and take Ms. K to class and Ms. R to sibling care!!  Amazing!! I am very excited to get to spend one on one time with them every week.  This year class run for an hour and 15 minutes!  Wooo hoo!!

So - that's my thought for today!! I have very vivid memories of our first day last year.  I was so nervous because I wasn't sure I could handle it all.  I told the girls as we were heading out the door that it was their "first day of school".  So fun to think back on those days!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. What a great program to be a part of. The girls must be learning so much and have so much fun socializing with other babies/toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a great program. Its really nice that they have things offered like this for you guys.
    It sounds like the every other day thing will work out great.

    ReplyDelete