Wednesday, November 24, 2010

EASY holiday treat!

A few years ago I discovered the deliciousness of the Chocolate Drop Pretzel.  The friend who'd made them said to me ... "they are soooooooooooooooooo easy to make and QUICK, too".  I thought about making them, but for some reason never did. 

This year..... I am all about EASY and QUICK if you can imagine that!! ;)

If you've sampled these at a holiday gathering, but never made them -- go for it!! They really are that easy and quick!!

You need THREE simple ingredients.
1.) Round shaped pretzels
2.) Hershey kisses (can be ANY kind...plain, almond, caramel, candy cane, etc)
3.) M&M's



You simply line up oodles of pretzels onto a baking sheet covered in wax paper (I didn't have any wax paper so I just sprayed the pan with cooking spray).

 
Then - you drop a Hershey kiss in the center of each pretzel...


Bake for a whole THREE minutes in a 200 degree oven...


Remove from oven and place a M&M in the center of each kiss.  The kisses will only be starting to melt...you don't want them completely melted.  The M&M will mush (such a technical cooking term!!) into the pretzel. 

Place in the freezer (or outside if you live in cold climate) and allow to harden.

Place in airtight container and serve to all your guests who pop by throughout the month of December!!


Seeeee............ I told you it was easy!!

The best part -- if you have kiddos (a wee bit older than mine) they can help with this fun baking project.  They can unwrap the kisses, put the kisses in the center of the pretzel and perhaps even mush the M&M into the kiss after they come out of the oven. 

If making these...I suggest making a BIG BATCH at one time.  Because --- they last forever and can make great little gifts for teachers or neighbors!!

My little ladies were great helpers, too!! They played so nicely while mama made these scrumptious little morsels this morning!!  Thanks, girls!!


Hope you enJOY!

Happy HOLIDAY baking!!

With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

8 comments:

  1. Shut. your. face!!!! Those look soooo good and sooo easy!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to make them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this recipe. The recipe I use calls for Rollos and pecans instead of Kisses and M&Ms. I think this year I will make a combination of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look awesome!! I will definitely be making them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a blog post going up about these darn things. You have no idea how much they were loved by all, LOL! And me and the girlies make some today too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmmm these looooookkkk yummmy specially @ almost 1am.. bwahahahahahaha and my gremlins are soooo gonna enjoy helping.. hehehehe thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'd love to have you join our network. Can I send you an invitation? liz@customerforce.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look awesome, will have to try them! And the comment about rolos and pecans also sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete