Remember yesterday when I said we've had LOTS of runny, snotty, icky noses around here this week??
Side note: The word "LOTS" just made me giggle out loud. My darling nephew G used to say that word all the time when he wanted "LOTS" of something. For example if we asked him if he wanted some juice he'd say, "Lots"!! In fact he would say that in response to most anything yummy he wanted. Too cute and a sweet memory. Anyway...back to my snotty nose post...
And, by saying we've had LOTS of runny noses is actually an understatement. It's more like constant runny, snotty noses around here! And, of course the girls despise when I wipe their little noses. In fact - they have caught on to what I am trying to do so they have started to "dodge" me. When I come near them with a Kleenex or wash cloth they start squirming and flailing their heads, arms and legs in all crazy directions. It's almost like they are saying "you can't catch my runny nose"!!!
Anyway..in an attempt to keep their nostrils clear I've tried SUCK the daylights out of their little noses too. And as I mentioned - Booger suckers - well, they plain SUCK! And, not "suck" in a good way. Bottom line is - they don't work. Period. You know - these guys (pictured below). I am sure all moms have tried them and been disgusted by their worthlessness.
Anyway...I'm here thinking that SOMEBODY should come up with a booger sucker that actually SUCKS boogers - and in a good, productive way. I am not sayin' the babes will like it even then, but at least it will actually be doing it's job.
Geesh ... it's not like I'm askin' for a day at the spa (ahem....although that would be nice), but I am asking for something to help my babes breathe!!
OK ... having that off my chest makes me feel better. Thank you for listening. :-)
On a completely unrelated note - the girls and I have been doing an "anti-rain dance" around home today. All the while singing "Sun, Sun .... Mr. Golden Sun please come back to us"!!
Having a little "in-home" date night with the hubs tonight. After the girls go to bed we are gonna order pizza and watch a moooovie. Ahhhh...that's special -- and man have our date nights changed!!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
That's too funny! My girls see me coming with the booger sucker and they try to dodge me, too!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, our date nights have changed, too. But I'm to the point where I'd prefer to stay in then go out :)
I just started reading your blog and wanted to leave a comment here to let you know that I too have twins. Boys. Born on 9/12/09 :) They got sick a few months ago and I found an electric nasal aspirator at walgreens. It was only 20 bucks and I swear by it! Hope this helps :)
ReplyDelete