Disclaimer: Readers may want to plug their nose while reading this post...just sayin'...
Do you recall my post titled "I don't deal with dead mice"? http://20fingersand20toes.blogspot.com/2010/04/i-dont-deal-with-dead-mice.html
Well...hot digity.......I AM dealing with dead mice and it's not by choice!!
Seriously...this is not a laughing matter!
So y'all remember when I found a DEAD mouse in Mr. Hank's water dish awhile back? After I found that mouse I found another one about a week later. The hubs rushed in on a white horse, rescued me, and "did away with them". OK - it wasn't that romantic, but he did the dirty work and that was all the mattered to me!
Big smiles from this mama cuz the mice were gone! Never to be seen again! Yeeee-haw!!
NOPE! Not true. Sobs!!!!
A few days ago I started to...you know....smell something in the garage. It was not a good smell. In fact it was down right putrid. Being the responsible homeowner that I am I went searching for the cause of the smell. Well...let's be honest here....that "searching" lasted all of about 1 minute.
This was my thought pattern...."it must be something in the garbage can". So - I moved the garbage can outside. Problem solved.
Nope. Not.even.close. Sobs!!!!!!!
I mean this was a real smell people....like one you can't live with for even one day. But - what was it?? Where was it coming from??
When the hubs returned from work he went on a real mission of uncovering the smell. Somehow (this is why I am not a boy) he discovered it was coming from our truck. Gross.
You can imagine my reaction. It went something like this...... "WHAT...........no.....how can this be? We need a new truck - RIGHT NOW!!!"
LONG story SHORT.....turns out the darling little mice were camping out in parts of our truck over the winter. They found it to be the perfect little spot to stay warm. And, they used the engine area for a place to, well...eliminate (pee and poo!!). Have to admit...it's kind of smart on their part. But - this has caused some major stress because it STILL stinks. The hubs did some kind of wash out of our engine area, but it still has an awful smell. This is where he would say I am being a wee bit dramatic, but I'm not!
Sobs!!!!!!!!!!
So.. now the truck sits outside in our driveway (sorry neighbors!!) with the hope that the smell will go away with the fresh air. Who knew these little mice could reek so much havoc?? Pun INTENDED!!
I guess this means the ladies and I will stay close to home for the next few days to be sure the smell completely goes away. And, if it doesn't.....I guess we are getting a new a new vehicle. Seems reasonable, doesn't it?
We don't need mama drivin' down the road with a gag reflux.
Good grief!!
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!
No comments:
Post a Comment