Ms. R at EIGHT weeks!
Ms. R at EIGHT months!
Ms. K at EIGHT weeks!

Ms. K at EIGHT months!
Seems like yesterday that I was sitting down to write about your 7 month birthday. And here we are at 8 months already. I've been told by family and friends the days, weeks, months and years fly by faster and faster as the babes age. I think I am starting to see and feel that now. The past several months have gone by really fast. Almost too fast, my little dollies.In thinking back over this last month I think my very favorite part was how much you started to interact with each other. Since birth you have always interacted on some level, but now you are making each other LAUGH OUT LOUD on a daily basis and it is hysterical for me to watch. It brings me so many smiles.
And...I love how much you love each other. When you were born that was one of things I prayed for. I prayed, above all, you would love each other unconditionally and you would always be supportive of each another. Daddy reassured me by saying if we showed you love, it would be impossible for you not to love each other. And, he was right. This past month, however, your love for each other has become more evident and visible. An example was this morning when you were in Ms. K's crib together. You were busy playing and soon you were right next to each other. The next time I looked at you Ms. K had her arm around Ms. R's back. Some might think it was accidental or unintentional, but I say hooey to that. I know you are aware of those special touches and it makes you feel safe and happy. And how do I know that, you ask?? Cuz I'm the mama!!
Ms. K's month in review:
* TALK, TALK, TALK!! You love to talk, giggle and laugh more than ever before. We so often wonder what in the world you are talking about!!
* You have started to sleep on your tummy and it's cute because the hair on the back of your head has now grown in because you no longer sleep on your back.
* You really enjoy being in the stroller. You like the sights and sounds and you seem very relaxed as we stroll through the neighborhood.
* Currently your favorite food is strawberry-banana yogurt and you get a big smile on your face when I put it to your lips.
* You had a short stay in Children's Hospital this month for an infection on the left side of your face. You did amazing given that you had 2 IV's put in at a mere 7 1/2 months old.
* You seem to have some fear of people you don't know.
* My favorite color on you right now is light pink because I think it looks so pretty against your skin.
* You are sucking your thumb quite a bit now. You always slip your thumb in at nap and bedtime. It brings you comfort. I think we can safely say that you are a thumb sucker!
* You are like your mama in that you really love to sleep. You know when you are tired and let me know "it's time to nap, mama!"
Ms. R's month in review:
* MOVE, MOVE, MOVE!! You love to move and if you are not moving you are not happy!
* You are very close to being able to crawl. So close you can taste it! You are able to scoot, scoot, scoot around the whole house. You can scoot backwards, but not forward quite yet.
* You have been a little fussy because you get frustrated when you can't get where you want to go. So, I spend time moving you from place to place.
* You are able to go from lying on your tummy to sitting up all on your own. This happened within the last week.
* It takes you awhile to settle down for naps. When I put you down you wiggle around your crib until you are finally too tired to move anymore! Thankfully your sister can fall asleep in the midst of your chattering while you move about.
* You cut your first 2 teeth!
* You got your first (left) ear infection. :(
* My favorite color on your right now is green. It looks so nice with your complexion.
* Your favorite food is also straw-ban yogurt. Yum!
One funny story before I wrap this up. Speaking of favorite foods...I am convinced you two have already developed "twin speak" about food. If I give one of you veggies (of any kind) I see the looks and hear the chatter between you and when I turn to give some to your sister - what do I get??? LOCKED LIPS!! I am not kidding about this girls! And - it's especially true with Ms. K. You do not like veggies and so if Ms. R says (in twin speak) "Mom's coming acha with some squash" - you immediately lock your lips! Oh girls!!
This journey continues to be amazing, exhausting and absolutely everything in between. I CAN NOT believe you will be 9 months next month. That is unbelievable. That is an entire school year ladies!
We are going to have such a fun summer. I can't wait to see what's in store!!
Love you to bits, as always.
With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

Okay...this is going to sound crazy, but I am posting the girls 8 month post tomorrow, and doing the same picture thing! Great minds think alike!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the "talking" story about veggies...we haven't experienced that yet, but I'm sure it's coming :)