Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We are big girls now!

We have finally transitioned the girls to their new highchairs!


Looking back, though, the BUMBO seats were amazing.  And, as you can see we've used them since they were very little.  So cute............

And, boy did we get a kick out of seeing them sitting in those chairs the first few times!  As they grew it became easier and easier to use them.  When it came time to start feeding them solids the BUMBO chairs provided the perfect place to begin the process.

Of course feeding them means they are growing and it seems they have grown right out of their little BUMBO chairs.  They still fit, but it just doesn't look all that comfy to me anymore with their chubby little thighs wedged in.  I am hoping that maybe we can still get some use out of them this summer when we are outside or at the beach!

And ... so..... we transition yet again.  The girls look so grown up in their new chairs, don't they??  And, they seem to like them too....well, for today anyway!! :-)


Secretly I guess I am a tad happy about moving the girls into their highchairs.  Why, you ask?? Well.....it gives me ONE more place to "put" them where I know they are safely strapped in.  Plus - they need to work on their hand to mouth coordination skills and eating in their highchairs should help!!!

And.....when they drop cereal and yogurt melts and everything else --- you can easily guess who will be right there waiting to help mama clean up!!















Big surprise, eh??

Looking forward to having breakfast each morning with my girls in their new chairs.  I told them "mama needs her coffee" so hopefully while they have breakfast I can sip on some strong coffee!
 
How fun to have a daily coffee date with my gals.

UPDATE from this morning! Another picture of the girls keeping each other company while mama cleans.  Lots of giggles goin' on!!














With love,
Cuz I'm the mama!

2 comments:

  1. Found you on Multiples and More. Just wanted to say that while we thought our girls had grown out of their Bumbos, we waited awhile and their legs thinned out and they wanted to sit in them again. Haha! I don't think we really got rid of them until they were about a year and a half. Also, your girls have the absolute best birthday because it's the same day as mine.

    P.S. If you move the highchairs outside, you can put a little water on the trays for them to splash in. Great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HIGHCHAIRS ROCK. Seriously... It's an awesome spot to plop the kids and not worr about them. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete